VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 16, 2012, 12:02 PM
VGMdb Administrator

The title is tricky, but I went with the style on yodobashi. I think TRIPLE H is the clear title because it is on the cover, but HHH is the name of the "group".
Old Dec 16, 2012, 12:46 PM
VGMdb Staff

I don't like it. The name of the group is "TRIPLE H" in the booklet credits and "トリプルH" in the anime ED credits. "HHH" is seen on the obi of this album and nowhere else.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 12:55 PM
VGMdb Administrator

In that case, I changed it back to TRIPLE H, and moved HHH down to an alternative. I don't understand why Japanese sites are calling it HHH or doing other gymnastics with the title.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 01:04 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Obviously, "TRIPLE H" is the unit (the members are credited under "TRIPLE H" in the booklet: http://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=135740), and HHH is the album name. The hooks (「」) are often used to enclose the title, and I'm fairly certain I see "HHH" on the disc (other than on the obi), too (unless my eyes are playing tricks on me). And remember that Japan (Yodobashi) use the "slash format" in reverse order (aka artist/album, as opposed to our album/artist format). So HHH / TRIPLE H should be it.

EDIT: Also note that "HHH" IS in fact on the front cover. See the thumbnail: http://vgmdb.net/db/assets/covers-me...1324556011.jpg
There is an H in the top left corner, an H in the middle and another one in the top right corner.

Last edited by Nisto; Dec 16, 2012 at 02:55 PM.