VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 3, 2017, 04:10 PM
VGMdb Administrator

The game credits both HIYA! and JIM with sound, but the back does say "all music composed by" HIYA!. I'm not sure if Data Discs was actually in contact with him or someone else who would know for sure? HIYA! mentions having worked with JIM in the liner notes of the Metal Slug box, but doesn't say what he did.

FWIW the soundtrack sounds almost all like HIYA! to me
Old Oct 3, 2017, 07:16 PM
VGMdb Advisor

OOOohhhhh, Yeaaaahhhh.
This is such landmark and I'm totally impressed and floored that Data Discs is releasing this... Respect for them just went up 10 fold.
Granted I had already bought the Metal Slug Box Set, but I'm still super excited to see this come out on vinyl!!
Old Dec 29, 2017, 09:29 PM

HIYA! has confirmed me before that JIM only supported the composition of tracks 08 and 09. Both of them composed these two songs, and HIYA! alone composed the rest of them. I was the first to bring him the news about this release, and he told me that Data Discs didn't contacted him at all about it. Well, at least they name the "Steel Beast 5Beats" correctly, haha.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 02:55 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Thanks, so nice to know what JIM did actually compose. I like Stage 2 the most tho.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 04:09 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Nice. That's why pretty much every song sounds like HIYA! to me, because he did in fact write at least PART of every song.............

(Stage 2 is my favorite too!)