VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Aug 12, 2009, 06:51 AM

This CD is pictured on the obi for Chaos World (TKCA-30392). The catalog number for this disc is earlier than the catalog number for Chaos World, so I would think it unlikely to be a canceled release. It also shows up on Otokichi's website, although it is not in stock and they have no pictures of it.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 06:58 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I don't know if it was cancelled or not.. but JGML have more infos about it (including a full tracklist)
Old Aug 12, 2009, 07:09 AM

Cool. I'll add the JGML info to the album.

I just figured that this might have been a canceled release because every other CD in the series had already been put in the database. I guess it just slipped through the cracks.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 08:28 PM

Added images.
This CD was released properly.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 09:26 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Pretty sikk scans there, I HAVE DONE SOME UPDATING

It really really looks like there are six arranged tracks, contrary to what JGML says. The JGML entry seems to have combined tracks 1 & 2 and then 5 & 6 together because they're from the same games. They could actually be like that on the CD, but good luck on us ever finding out!

Also the only track on the back with a credited composer is #4. Thanks a lot for that one, dudes.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
They could actually be like that on the CD, but good luck on us ever finding out!
I agree with your exclamation. I have been diligently searching YJA for the past 2 months and I have not yet seen a listing of this CD. I could find this tomorrow or 2 years from now. I have no idea when I will get it, but I will get it.
Old May 5, 2013, 01:12 PM

I found a store selling this CD, special ordered through Shopping Mall Japan (43 days ago), and just got a notice that the shop cancelled my order. Back to hunting....
Old Dec 18, 2013, 07:44 PM

It's officially been more than a year of weekly searches on YJA, as well as checking AMZ JP's marketplace a few times a week. I have not seen one listing of this anywhere online over the past 12 months. I'm pretty certain it was released, as it's on the obi of Chaos World and someone at AMZ JP rated it. If it gets to the point where I've been looking for a full decade, then this will start to approach the rarity of Famicle Parodic 2.
Old May 7, 2014, 05:09 AM

I found this for 9800 yen, which is slightly below my estimate of 10,000 yen. I hope the seller really does have it this time. I will of course make scans when (and if) I receive it.
Old May 9, 2014, 03:13 AM

I just failed a second time in my quest to acquire this CD. Here is the message from Shopping Mall Japan I received:

"Dear jodokast,

We're sorry, but the seller has notified us the item you ordered is currently sold out or unavailable. The order has been canceled."

That's now twice where I have ordered this particular album and had it cancelled. I have never experienced something like this before with any other album. It might be possible that I'm just too slow and there are other hawks with more vigilance.
Old May 9, 2014, 07:52 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Wow... what an obscure CD. And then these obscure failures with the orders. It's like it's haunted or something, haha.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 03:25 AM

It felt really good to finally be able to remove this from my wishlist. I found another listing on Amazon Japan, placed an order through SMJ, and waited for it to be cancelled (for the fifth time). However, by day 14, the status changed to "Received in Japan". I was shocked and of course did not believe it.

By day 17, the status changed to "Stored in United States". Right. I'll believe it when I get my hands on it. And I did, on 9-27-2014, approximately 9 years after I started looking for it.

The music is similar to that of the Twinbee series, very cheery and upbeat, with a touch of the strange. If you want to own this CD, as I do, my only advice is to check Amazon Japan's marketplace every single day for many years. When one shows up, expect to lose it. Expect to lose it many times. Not because you can't afford it, but because someone else beat you to it. My theory is that this is in high demand in Japan and when one gets listed, it is quickly purchased. I don't think I was experiencing a case of a seller listing an item and not having it, but of simply not being fast enough.

The condition I received it in is not so great. If you look at the back scan, you can see both of the spines are sun damaged. This is odd. Usually just one spine is sun damaged. The booklet is pretty beat up and the disc is scratched in many places. I paid 9,800 yen. I would suspect that one mint and complete would easily exceed 20,000 yen.

When I first looked for this CD, I thought it was titled "Sazamaru Game Music Human Omnibus". I had the wrong name, as I did with Famicle Parodic 2, so that may explain why I didn't find this when I first started looking for it. Actually, Jerold looked for it, not me. Jerold did pretty good with bad names, as he once got me both Paladin's Quest albums after I provided him with the name "Renasu". He figured out it was Lennus, which is Paladin's Quest.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 07:19 PM

As others have said, this album is ridiculously hard to find. Accord to aucfan (the YJA archive), it hasn't sold there since 2010!