VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Edits Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 17, 2022, 07:06 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Draft sources are entirely from the booklet scans, if it is incomplete I will work more on it.
@TheFantomConvoy

Your draft submission has been rejected.

Reason: Draft doesn't match notes or book. Also, notes don't match book. Very first credit "music" is actually "composed & arranged" in the book. Numerous differences after that. I think a good workflow here is to fix the credits in the notes, then use that to submit a new draft.

If you feel the rejection is in error, please post further information or evidence here.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 02:05 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
@TheFantomConvoy
Reason: Draft doesn't match notes or book. Also, notes don't match book. Very first credit "music" is actually "composed & arranged" in the book. Numerous differences after that. I think a good workflow here is to fix the credits in the notes, then use that to submit a new draft.
As far as this goes, there are two points I would like to make mention of:
  • The "Music" credit comes from the Obi, which I understood to also be a valid source of information for credits (or even alternate titles if any are present), more so if an overall "Music" credit is mentioned (though I should also have put JAM Project there since it was mentioned alongside Nobuta).
  • There are some notes that I wouldn't quite be sure of how they can be made into a draft since the order may not turn out to be the same. For example, with SRCL-11387~8, there's numerous credits which are the same but with different names, and the notes are complete, but if I were to use that for a draft, then how would it turn out?

Last edited by TheFantomConvoy; Jan 17, 2022 at 02:08 PM.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 08:59 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I didn't see the credits on the Obi. Aside from Music, there is also "原作: Go Nagai, Ken Ishikawa", which is Original Work.

For your second question, it is a challenge when the same roles are credited in different ways on different parts of the album. I think we see it on this album too, with "music" overlapping with "composer" (and possibly with "performer" and "producer" as well.) I don't have an answer, but I think I go with the ones that seem the most consistent to me.

To be more helpful, I've updated the notes with the missing parts, which really was just a couple of things. Also, here are the changes I would like in your draft. It's really not as many as I first thought, but I really had trouble figuring this one out because there were enough differences between the draft/notes/source book.

Quote:
10 Music - should be 音楽
20 Composer - Kazuo Nobuta should be "Composed", Masashi Chizawa should be 作曲
30 Arranger - should be "Arranged"

40-50 Performer/Vocals - I am not so fussy here, because JAM Project and the two featured artists are credited in both roles in different parts of the notes, though vocals should be 歌

For some reason though, Kazuo Nobuta is listed under Performer, but I don't see that in the notes/book. You are missing "Music Score" though, which would have been Kazuo Nobuta.

60 Lyricist - should be 作詞

70 Recorded by - There should also be a "Mixed by" credit that follows this.

110 Sound Producer - reaching this point, the "Produced by JAM Project" credit is missing (and was missing from the original notes.)

Credits after here are fine.