VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 15, 2019, 10:27 PM

Made a few minor edits to a couple of the names based on their spellings in the official English subtitles from the film.

Oddly enough "道雁" is written out as "Dougan" in the character profiles featured in the DVD extras, however it's spelt as "Dogan" in both the subtitles and the credits.

Additionally, I changed "Paper Plane" to "Paper Airplane" as that is what's said specifically in both the dub and sub, iirc that was the case in the anime as well.

Lastly, I figured that it might be worth mentioning that although the subtitles, credits & character profiles list her name as "Houran," it sounds to me like it's being pronounced as "Houlan" in the dub. However, this wouldn't be the first instance of a character in the series having their name written out properly in the subtitles/credits only for it to then be mispronounced anyway as both the anime and movie write "白竜" as "Hakuryu," but then mispronounce it as "Hakuru" (though iirc this specific error was fixed in later seasons of the anime.)
Old Oct 16, 2019, 12:42 PM

幻夢王 is genmuoh as written in the jp tracklist, not houmaoh (鵬魔王)
don't re-invent reading
Old Oct 16, 2019, 05:13 PM

Strange, it's written out as Houmaoh in the subtitles, unless this title is referring to something other than that character. I don't imagine that's the case though since I think this track only played when another character was explaining who Houmaoh was.
Regardless, I'll change it back.

Last edited by BlazingAbyss; Oct 16, 2019 at 05:19 PM.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 01:47 AM

CREDITS: https://www.discogs.com/%E5%8D%83%E4...elease/3979726