VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 12, 2017, 03:50 PM

From what I see here, this can only be pre-ordered in person at certain stores? Can anyone please confirm?
Old Feb 16, 2017, 02:21 PM

I don't think this release should be listed as a child album. The tracklist is split in two vinyls:

Vinyl 1: tracks 1-8 and 9-16 on sides A & B
Vinyl 2: tracks 17-23 and 24-27 on sides C & D

But if I edit this track list, I would be editing the main CDs as well. It should be shown similar how the recent Evangelion OST release on vinyl is listed on the database.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 01:11 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I think this is fine if there are no further differences. The Evangelion entry was split to add the Remaster classification and link the new mastering engineer since it was a remaster.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 07:45 AM
VGMdb Staff

Back in 2012/2013 and possibly earlier (from my observation), it was quite usual do keep the release with different number of media separate (even though it has the same tracks). Probably that's why Myrkul's a bit confused at the other album. Again, it was quite normal to do so, that's the pattern I originally learned too.

Anyhow, I don't have nothing against the new(er) way, I can see it solves the duplication issue but the tracklist is still not correctly displayed, across the two media on this album. I guess adding the 'override' tracklists to the reprint only would bring the media separation.

As a fun-fact we have another case where it's an unlinked album with the identical tracks if the track order is different:
http://vgmdb.net/album/45183
http://vgmdb.net/album/46199

Last edited by Efendija; Feb 17, 2017 at 08:18 AM.