VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Miscellaneous > Archives > Game Remixes Forum Archive 2009-2012
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 21, 2010, 09:58 AM

Default It's time to get real here

Hi,

Recently, there was some controversy at the Shizz about the site. What I took out of it is that there are quite a few people who are vehemently opposed to what this site is trying to do and what it stands for. No matter what is posted on many game music forums, people are often very rude in their replies.

Meanwhile, the number of people posting songs and visiting the site is minuscule at best. While some will say that the site is not "old enough," nine months is more than enough time to determine if greater than 20 people per day are going to stop by, especially since there are tens of thousands of remixes out there.

Perhaps video game remixes are simply on the decline, and people simply aren't interested in making them anymore. If that's the case, then it's understandable, and I don't want to continue spending hundreds of hours and entire weekends working on and promoting something that people aren't interested in. What's clear, though, is that I can't afford to keep bleeding hundreds of dollars if there's no interest.

I hope that some people will respond to this thread. At this point, some action needs to be taken in order to save the site. People need to report bugs, volunteer to organize compos, upload songs, and get the word out. If you don't support what remixSite offers, then perhaps you might be willing to spend a minute and offer a comment as to why you don't think the site is worth saving. Even if your comment is simply that video game remixes aren't what they used to be, it would be very worthwhile.

Remember, no money is being made here. Other sites sell things and post ads, which we do not do. We don't prejudge songs and anyone is able to take advantage of free bandwidth, publicity, and disk space.

I hope that some community members will be moved to take action, but if not, then this was still an effort worth trying and I will be thankful to those who have contributed to this point.

-quintin