VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 20, 2018, 12:41 AM

Wink New Orchestral VGM albums: which VGM would you like to hear?

Dear VGMdb members

My name is Kentaro Sato (Ken-P). Some of you might know my orchestral/choral arrangements in DISSIDIA Final Fantasy series, Final Fantasy Type-0 by SQEX etc.

I was recently appointed to the Music Director of VGM Classics, a new classical record label specialized in video game music. The label will soon start a Kickstarter campaign for a new orchestral CD album: Music from "Final Fantasy IV" for Symphony Orchestra. The recordings and arrangements will be all new.
Now, while the decision to feature "Final Fantasy IV" and pieces to be arranged and recorded were made before I joined the label, I want to hear your opinions on which pieces from FF4 you would like to be performed by orchestra.

1) I greatly appropriate if you could share your requests and wishes. Here is a list of the titles you can choose from...
https://vgmdb.net/album/4215

2) Once the initial project was finished, the label would continue to new projects. Of course, other Final Fantasy series would be fine and the label wishes to initially cover VGM in 1990s and 2000s (like, up to FF10), they are pretty much open to anything. So, my 2nd question is, which VGM you would like to hear performed by symphony orchestra (or any other classical ensemble format)?

I might not be able to fulfill all of your wishes, but I will do my best to make your dreams come true.

------
Update
for those who read this 1st post for the first time, I have listed all the suggestions has given in post #16.
https://vgmdb.net/forums/showpost.ph...1&postcount=16

Last edited by Kentaro Sato; May 28, 2018 at 02:47 AM.