VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 14, 2009, 12:40 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Does anyone have a source that confirms Gou Hallad as an arranger? I've removed him for now, and he doesn't appear here:

http://bsm11084.hp.infoseek.co.jp/93c.html
Old Aug 14, 2009, 09:39 PM

My Langrisser album confirms it.

Although, his name is spelled "Goo Hallad" in the booklet. But yes, he produced and even wrote the script for the drama tracks.

EDIT: To clarify, he only had to do with the drama tracks. As for any actual "arrangement", I can't remember what the music in the drama tracks sounds like. But I think they are the same versions as on the album.

If you'd like, I can pop the CD in some time and check. I never ripped the drama tracks to my computer because, well... they're drama tracks, and listening to them is less fun than eating nails.

Last edited by Jormungand; Aug 14, 2009 at 09:42 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 03:40 AM
VGMdb Administrator

That would be great if you could check that.

If he was producer and a scriptwriter on the album, that doesn't necessarily mean he did any arrangement. Eventually we'll have to expand the credits to include some more categories such as producer.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 07:44 PM

OK, here's a list of music tracks are sampled in each drama track:

Track 3: First, "Prologue" (the same version that appears later on the CD, track 12). Second, a differently arranged version of Hiroshi Fujioka's "Scramble". However, it IS the same version of "Scramble" that appears in the PSX or PC remake. (so, the version on this disc is different from the version heard in one of those remakes). I'm confident in saying that Hallad had nothing to do with the game itself, just this album. I know I've heard the version in one of those games, but I can't find the track in my PSX rip. The Saturn version is identical, so it must be the PC version...

Track 5: n/a

Track 7: There's some music in the background I can't identify, but it doesn't sound like anything from Langrisser.

Track 9: Same situation as above, but two different BGMs that occur during mock phone calls.

Track 11: n/a

Track 20: same as 7 & 9.

Track 22: n/a.

Concerning track 7, 9, and 20, that's really all there is to suggest Gou/Goo Hallad as an arranger. But I'm certain the music sampled isn't from Langrisser (I), and I'm intimately familiar with the game's various soundtracks from the original Genesis version to the PSX, Saturn, and PC remakes.

Let me know if you need more clarification.

EDIT: OK, I found the "Scramble" track. It's technically from this version of the game.

Last edited by Jormungand; Aug 17, 2009 at 07:52 PM.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 08:22 AM

I'm curious how this can include the soundtrack from the PlayStation remake if it came out in 1993
Old Jan 13, 2014, 03:42 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raizen1984 View Post
I'm curious how this can include the soundtrack from the PlayStation remake if it came out in 1993
My thoughts exactly. Guess they actually used these tracks in the PSX version later on.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 03:47 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Actually just checked and all of these tracks are actually the redbook audio of the NEC PC Engine version. ^^;