VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 18, 2009, 03:08 PM
VGMdb Administrator

A recent edit attempted to remove Kazunaka Yamane (山根一央) as a composer. Does anyone have any further info on this?
Old Sep 18, 2009, 03:18 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I've never heard this album, but if this is the arcade soundtrack, then Kazunaka Yamane should absolutely be credited unless there's evidence to the contrary in the booklet or something.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 03:29 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Hmm, this site lists:

作曲:つるちゃん、れいこちん、いーづか選手、マック鈴木

I don't know if any of those are Yamane.

Also, I never knew you could link to a particular spot in a Youtube video.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 04:44 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Oh, that's interesting, learn something new every day.

The video I posted is the end credits to the original arcade version of Double Dragon, from 1987. Those screenshots Myrkul just posted are from the Neo Geo version from 1995 that I never knew existed until now. The release year of this album also happens to be 1995. And, wouldn't you know it, the four people in those end credits correspond pretty well to those four people BSM lists:
  • れいこちん (Reiko-chin) - Reiko Uehara
  • いーづか選手 (Iizuka-senshu) - Chiaki Iizuka
  • マック鈴木 (Mack Suzuki) - Fumio Suzuki
  • つるちゃん (Tsuru-chan) - Kiyomi Kataoka by default, I guess

Last edited by CHz; Sep 18, 2009 at 05:41 PM.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 04:55 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Mystery solved! Thanks, Jonny.

Incidentally there's a Neo Geo logo on the top right of the cover
Old Dec 22, 2011, 05:47 AM

do you have any idea about who is responsible for the arranged versions of these tracks from NGCD and PSX version? I looked into PSX version's credits but didn't see anything about sound staff
Old Feb 2, 2021, 11:22 PM

According to this page, the liner notes mention plans for an unreleased arranged album. Since I don't read Japanese well, can anyone confirm this?

Apparently the arranged music made its way into the Neo Geo CD version of the game.

Seeing as VÄVID was Technos' in house band at the time, I assume they did the arrangements? Unfortunately I can't confirm this, and I didn't see credits on any NGCD playthroughs of the game on YouTub.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 11:39 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi QuestMaster View Post
According to this page, the liner notes mention plans for an unreleased arranged album. Since I don't read Japanese well, can anyone confirm this?

Apparently the arranged music made its way into the Neo Geo CD version of the game.

Seeing as VÄVID was Technos' in house band at the time, I assume they did the arrangements? Unfortunately I can't confirm this, and I didn't see credits on any NGCD playthroughs of the game on YouTub.
Yeah, it's basically a bunch of the sound creators saying they want to put out a full arrange album and that whether they release it as part of the ¥2,500 series of albums depends on the fans' requests.

Maybe there wasn't enough demand for it...?

https://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=203304
Old Feb 2, 2021, 11:44 PM

EDIT: Chris beat me to it.

Seems to be referring to the comments on page 3. The first one from Kataoka is asking readers if they'd like to hear a full arrange version. Then at the bottom there's a call for people to write in with requests to Scitron to get another release on their 2500 series.

Also that link you posted doesn't claim that this unproduced arranged version is in any way the same as what ended up on the Neo Geo CD.

Last edited by Aifread; Feb 2, 2021 at 11:48 PM.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi QuestMaster View Post

Arrangements were done but not released as an official album. NGCD and PS1 versions have full arrangements of OST.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knighTeen87 View Post
do you have any idea about who is responsible for the arranged versions of these tracks from NGCD and PSX version? I looked into PSX version's credits but didn't see anything about sound staff
Not much, but waiting after the typical Neo Geo credits, you see this:
https://youtu.be/XQqS3uIM5o4?t=1607

SOUND PRODUCE
AKIRA HORIE

GUITAR
KEIZO NUMATA

By the way, the PS1 music sounds distinct from NGCD. It sounds like a slightly arranged Neo Geo MVS/AES.