VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 12, 2014, 01:17 AM

Released as a digital download on Bandcamp

Physical copies also available:

http://musique.coeurdepirate.com/album/child-of-light

Also on Canada's iTunes
Old Apr 30, 2014, 12:43 PM

The choral segments from the boss music seem to be missing....

Last edited by Argentis; Apr 30, 2014 at 12:45 PM.
Old May 1, 2014, 08:32 AM

and the Music from the first cut Scene missing too. thats a shame... i wonder why they not include the Boss Music? maybe a second ost in future?
Old May 1, 2014, 09:24 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baladium View Post
maybe a second ost in future?
Not so likely, Ubisoft rarely does that but who knows...

Best way to get the missing tracks is usually a gamerip.
Old May 1, 2014, 10:04 AM

Choir is also missing from Hymn of Light too. I think there is another boss theme that is absent from the score also. Shame, I really like this soundtrack.
Old May 1, 2014, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efendija View Post
Not so likely, Ubisoft rarely does that but who knows...

Best way to get the missing tracks is usually a gamerip.
is this Soundtrack even from ubisoft? i wonder why they didnt include all Songs... and tbh the choir Version is a must have.
Old May 1, 2014, 03:48 PM
VGMdb Staff

Oh yes, that's true, this isn't initially published by Ubisoft themselves which also happens rarely these days for Ubi games. It maybe depends on what the parties agreed & stuff, could be a chance there. But to be honest, having in mind this was planned to be released also on CD, I see the space wasn't an issue because you have like 30 minutes unused and that would be probably enough to have the missing tracks. Yeah, I don't know what's the deal with that.

You can maybe ask the artist about the missing tracks:
https://twitter.com/beatricepirate
https://www.facebook.com/coeurdepirate.officiel

Last edited by Efendija; May 1, 2014 at 04:04 PM.
Old May 2, 2014, 08:00 AM

maybe it has something to do with the Music licensing or so lol.
Old May 2, 2014, 10:48 AM

I had a reply from Dare to Care. There are no plans to release further music. Seems strange as a choir is listed in the credits :/

Violin solos are also missing.

Last edited by Argentis; May 2, 2014 at 11:04 AM.
Old May 2, 2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentis View Post
I had a reply from Dare to Care. There are no plans to release further music. Seems strange as a choir is listed in the credits :/

Violin solos are also missing.
lol choir listed but not include.... well the Boss Music is already on you tube
Old May 5, 2014, 03:43 PM

Hey guys, I feel having the composer's name in the title is an error. The album is just "Child of Light" - look at any other site. I don't see why we will have the composer's name in the title for this one album when all the other albums we have just the soundtrack.
Old May 5, 2014, 05:04 PM
VGMdb Staff

Format of Album title / Album artist is used at "submitter's discretion" and it's not reserved only for all those anime singles. This is one of the rare cases where it can be used outside of CD singles - Coeur de pirate is the name of Beatrice Martin's "solo project"; it really means it's her but it's nowhere credited except in the album artist sense:
http://www.daretocarerecords.com/fr/...hild-of-light/
So no harm in keeping it.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 02:28 PM

Can anyone please tell me which tracks are orchestral and which are not? That way I can organize correctly the artists tag on my music files. THANKS
Old Nov 17, 2014, 09:33 PM

Sounds like just tracks 4, 7, 11, 16, and 17. And I guess the choir sings a little on 18 too.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _if View Post
Sounds like just tracks 4, 7, 11, 16, and 17. And I guess the choir sings a little on 18 too.

Really? I thought that all 1-17 are orchestral and the only one who isn't is the last one since it has lyrics from BĂ©atrice Martin. And it might sound like a really stupid question but what does the notes creator mean by non-orchestral and orchestral music for me the difference always meant whether or not the music has lyrics no?

Can you please confirm and answer , thank you^^
Old Nov 21, 2014, 03:39 PM

Orchestral refers to music played by an orchestra (real or virtual) with the prerequisite that the score is orchestrated, i.e. adapted to and split up for the different instruments played in an orchestra. The "non-orchestral" credits in the notes could be referred to as chamber music as a comparison.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datschge View Post
Orchestral refers to music played by an orchestra (real or virtual) with the prerequisite that the score is orchestrated, i.e. adapted to and split up for the different instruments played in an orchestra. The "non-orchestral" credits in the notes could be referred to as chamber music as a comparison.
Ok I see your point. My main concern is whether I should follow _if conclusion on which is orchestral and which is "chamber". I followed them but a confirmation would be great!
Old Nov 23, 2014, 01:51 PM

The term for music without words is instrumental, not orchestral. If I play guitar and keep my mouth shut it's definitely not orchestral music. :P

If you look at the musician credits for the non-orchestral music, there's violin, cello, and flute, so I can understand thinking it sounds like an orchestra playing since it uses orchestral instruments. But there's no brass or several musicians playing the same instrument as there is in the orchestral tracks. Also, there's no mention of a guitarist playing along with the orchestra as it does for Martin does on piano (and my ears agree there is no guitar on the orchestra tracks). But there is guitar in the non-orchestral music, so that's a great indicator of which classification of music you're listening to.

There's also a video discussing the making of the music in which Martin says, "we actually had to commission a whole orchestra to do the boss fights," indicating the smaller-scale involvement as opposed to being on every track. I haven't played the game yet, but, with the exception of "Victory", I think all the other tracks I named sound like boss battle themes.

But I wouldn't mind corroboration from someone else either; I merely went to Bandcamp and listened to the album, marked which ones were orchestral as I went, and did a quick re-check before posting.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 08:30 PM

Catalog number is currently listed as N/A. However, my physical CD's cover shows DTC053 DTC2-4354 at the spine of the digipack.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baladium View Post
maybe it has something to do with the Music licensing or so lol.
I just looked into this music and I'm glad I looked at the discussion for this. Still like music and want the soundtrack, but yeah, as far these elements missing from this release, this would ultimately be my guess as well.