VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 30, 2016, 02:26 PM

I've been on a mission to get composer credits for the early Falcom games. Those who have kept up with things have read what I've gotten from The Legend of Xanadu and The Legend of Xanadu II (my two favorite Falcom soundtracks). Next I have gotten some and soon most of the composition credits to The Legend of Heroes IV. Atsushi Shirakawa (Tenmon) responded once again to me on Twitter revealed what he remembers working on:

Disc 1:

4. The Heretics' Attack
5. Cabin View
7. The Road Towards Hope
12. Phildin Castle
13. Underground Waterway
15. Those Who Haunt in the Darkness
18. Benequia Monastery
20. Plateau Hymn
22. Frozen Village
23. Just Bring it!!
25. Rhythm of the Sea Breeze
28. The Holy City
29. Tomorrow Shall Come

Disc 2:

1. Rone's Thoughts (only one he wasn't sure about being him but if it isn't him it has to be Mieko Ishikawa)
4. Seeking the Truth
6. Ancient Legacy
10. Fight to the Death
12. Undersea Cave
13. Sealed Land
15. Labyrinth of Space-Time
16. Octum's Temple
19. My Name is Bardus
20. The End of a Fierce Battle
21. Avin's Determination
23. And Then...

Currently waiting on Naoki Kaneda's compositions and moving on to the next thing with Shirakawa.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 07:41 AM

Well, here is the second part of the post. Naoki Kaneda (Kim's Soundroom) just replied on what he remembers composing in this game. It isn't much, but he was definitely involved with some of the more memorable tunes:

Disc 1:

2. A Tear of Vermilion
4. The Heretics' Attack
9. Stepping Lightly

Disc 2:

1. Rone's Thoughts
5. Do Not Disturb!
7. Parting Regrets
18. Octum's Desire

I'll be back once I get more information on the next project.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 09:52 AM

When I asked Kaneda about Shirakawa's contributions via Twitter, he reiterated all but two of the ones that we'd gotten from Shirakawa previously, but with the addition of:

Prayer
A Bustling Street Corner
Energetic Shannon
A Tear of Vermillion ~Darling Eimelle~
Frozen Over
Shrine of the Spirits
The Road Towards Hope ~Light~

He did not mention Shirakawa for either The Heretics' Attack nor Rone's Thoughts.

I had intended to ask him about the other composers' contributions as well, but my Japanese is not so good and he misunderstood my question - I've responded again and hopefully that will be cleared up.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 08:35 PM

More confirmations from Kaneda:

Nakajima:

A Tear of Vermilion ~memoria~ (Kaneda says this one is probably Nakajima but that it also sounds Shirakawa-ish to him)
Leaving the Nest
Stepping Lightly (he had claimed this one as his own when asked two years ago, but I think this is far more likely to be the truth)
The Royal Capital Phildin
Mining Place
Dancing Maze
To the Forest
Iron Manufacturing Town ~Guia~
Riding the Ocean on the Wind
Seeking the Truth
Tainted Spirits
Lava Zone
The Great Priest Bellias
A Tear of Vermilion ~Friends' Smiling Faces~

Tsunashima:

Run, Avin!!

Shirakawa (one more that he forgot):

Wandering Thoughts

No mention of The Village Where They Arrived One Day, We Mustn't Be Defeated! or Drops of Life. Will inquire further, but I don't think I'll be pressing him too much longer as I don't want to bother him.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 08:17 PM

The Village Where They Arrived One Day is Nakajima, We Mustn't Be Defeated! is Kaneda, and Drops of Life is Shirakawa.