VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old May 22, 2013, 08:15 AM

Does this album come with the current cover, or has it been just copy-pasted here from the full soundtrack? (in lower quality) It seems so, and if really, then it shouldn't be used here.

Is the title Resident Evil or Biohazard? Because the full album is Biohazard, on the cover too.

If this is an enclosure, shouldn't the full bundle price be daclared? Since you can't buy or get just this album without the PC game. It certainly isn't "not for sale".

Last edited by DanteLectro; May 22, 2013 at 08:24 AM.
Old May 22, 2013, 08:29 AM
VGMdb Staff

Full bundle price yes, if it's known. Otherwise it's better to leave it as 'not for sale'. Which is correct info, the soundtrack isn't available as a standalone item.

Resident Evil has always been the localized title of Biohazard, I see no problem there.

About the cover itself, yeah, if it's different from CD version, it should be replaced.

Last edited by Efendija; May 22, 2013 at 08:39 AM.
Old May 22, 2013, 08:50 AM

I don't think "not for sale" is correct, since you can definitely buy this thing (standalone or not doesn't matter); you pay a higher than usual price and get a game too (the shoe being on the other foot).

It's not me not liking "Resident Evil" or not knowing it has been the western title. I'm just asking if that's the official title (on the webpage, or in the tags), or the submitter just preferred it.

In the Steam store the price is 39,99€ and they mention a 13-track bonus soundtrack, that's probably it.

Last edited by DanteLectro; May 22, 2013 at 08:57 AM.
Old May 22, 2013, 09:02 AM
VGMdb Staff

To avoid problems with different regions/different prices, isn't it better not to specify a package price for this digital album? And yeah it is 'not for sale'.
http://vgmdb.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4366
Old May 22, 2013, 09:43 AM

For sale or not: what i say is supported by facts and sources, while you're just simply repeatedly asserting your view.

There hasn't been an agreement reached or guideline set in that thread. Myrkul proposed to remove the function, Cedille didn't agree, Secret Squirrel was undecided.

If anyone wants a bundled soundtrack they'd at least know the price and since it's always classified as "enclosure", they'd know they'd get more than just a soundtrack album (the contents are usually listed in the notes section). Price can be updated, but it's usually the initial release price that's listed on albums too.

Cedille had raised the point i was about to: album, game, and bundle prices usually vary by region and change over time. So we either list the lowest of the initial prices, or the current lowest, or have child albums for each region with their own prices; or add a multi-price feature, which Cedille also mentioned. The difference between this case and multi-priced albums is that this one doesn't have a catalog number, so a difference in price alone might not be enough reason to create child albums. But we don't even know if this bundle is available in multiple regions!

I think some valid information is better than none (or incorrect info because of the current system's limitations).

Last edited by DanteLectro; May 22, 2013 at 09:49 AM.
Old May 22, 2013, 10:04 AM
VGMdb Staff

O rly?
All I suggest is what to do with the current system we have (for this specific album). By putting that thread link, I've wanted to remind you of problems and quite right the fact that's pretty much undecided about the fundamental changes. We currently don't have multi-price feature. We currently don't want to make identical digital reprints for different regions.

Anyway no point for me to continue further with this talk as far as I'm concerned.

If other members are interested, they'll sure jump in and you can... well, continue
Old May 24, 2013, 03:15 AM

Well all files in the album were tagged and had an artwork embedded. In the field "album" it is written "BIOHAZARD REVELATIONS", so if there is any problem with that I sugest you guys (admins and moders) to edit info yourself, because I find it difficult to match your standarts this time. Also this soundtrack is not available anywhere to buy, only as an "enclosure" to the digital copy of the game in the STEAM shop.
Old May 24, 2013, 04:45 AM

Thanks for the info solid-ares! So that embedded artwork was uploaded here, right?
Old May 25, 2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteLectro View Post
Thanks for the info solid-ares! So that embedded artwork was uploaded here, right?
You mean if "I (solid-ares) extracted and uploaded artwork embedded with the digital soundtrack in the VGMDB section of the Biohazard revelations digital soundtrack"? if so, then "yes". This picture was inside every single mp3 file.

Last edited by solid-ares; May 25, 2013 at 12:05 PM.
Old May 25, 2013, 12:56 PM

Yes, that. Thanks.
Old May 25, 2013, 01:34 PM

There are chances this release will follow the same fate of the RESIDENT EVIL 6 one, right? Once all pre-orders will be "delivered", it will disappear.

Oh, well, by a quick look at the tracklist, it doesn't seem they've bothered to include exclusive material, which is half-good / half-bad.
last.fm | Discord: Dark Slayer#8440
Old May 25, 2013, 01:59 PM

It already has become unavailable on May 23 when the game was released on the Steam store. At least there were no exclusive tracks to miss out on.
Old May 25, 2013, 02:18 PM

Thanks for the confirmation. I suppose one shall not feel too bad for encoding his/her Original Soundtrack, and manually recreate this release.

The deal with 6's Digital Soundtrack sucked a bit, that's anyone's guess, but the "news" of its inclusion as a pre-order bonus was advertised by the likes of IGN and a few other gaming-sites, not to mention the Capcom-Unity Blog... Series' fans could have known of it on time and snag a copy for themselves, legitimately.
last.fm | Discord: Dark Slayer#8440