VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jan 25, 2010, 09:34 PM

Default Obtaining Demetori's CDs

These guys really know how to play a guitar. I've looked at their official website:

http://www.kawachi.zaq.ne.jp/demetori/index.html

and can't find any way to obtain a physical copy of their CDs. I've searched the stores they link to, and with a combination of not understanding Japanese and trying hard to decipher Google translations, the stores not having their CDs in stock, and the stores not exporting to other countries, I'm at a loss for where to buy their music.

I really don't own a lot of physical CDs, so this may seem like a really noob topic and the answer may seem really obvious to you, but I don't even know where to start, other than Google. I don't know what sites / stores carry a lot of game music and are reliable. At one point I thought I had found Nada Upasana Pundarika for sale, but the site then went on to talk about how to install Windows games, so... I didn't know whether or not to just go with it.

I'm most interested in getting my claws on Il Mondo Dove, but I'd really just like to buy anything of Demetori's. Any help or personal experiences would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 10:06 PM
VGMdb Administrator

White Canvas is one of the doujin shops that ships overseas:
http://www.w-canvas.com/html/mailorder.html#souryou
(scroll down to "about the overseas shipment")

Their product page for Nada Upasana Pundarika:
http://www.w-canvas.com/shopping/det...?item_id=35438

If you need a third party to help you with the entire process there's middleman services like ShoppingMallJapan (and you'd also be able to order from shops that don't ship overseas), although they usually charge hefty commissions.

Demetori's earlier releases should be out-of-print, so your only (?) recourse is Yahoo! Japan Auctions for those.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 03:27 AM

Wow, nice information about the middleman services! I ended up going with Goody-Japan after doing a little bit of research. It's nice to be able to place bids on things I can't find for sale on English sites. I've been able to find some of Demetori's CDs, so I'm hoping I'll win some of the auctions.

My birthday's coming up so I plan to exploit it in a whole new way 0:) Thanks for the help!
Old Jul 6, 2010, 02:40 AM

I'd like to hear them on other game music than just Touhou now that obviously acquired a better technique than back when they released this Retro Game arrange album. Or, hell, even an original album. I only heard one original composition from them, and it wasn't bad at all.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silly123 View Post
I'd like to hear them on other game music than just Touhou now that obviously acquired a better technique than back when they released this Retro Game arrange album. Or, hell, even an original album. I only heard one original composition from them, and it wasn't bad at all.
Masaru Teramae is also the guitarist for Falcom's (new) jdk band, and they've released one album so far:

http://vgmdb.net/album/8151

The guitar solos are awesome, for some reason! I wonder why..... Although the album isn't really Demetori style throughout, I'd still recommend it.