VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Feb 20, 2008, 09:59 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Default M&M (#3011)

So, M&M is credited as the composer for four different arrange albums (for "Music," anyway), but the actual composers for the games are (all taken from GMCL):

I don't know what would be the best way to handle this attribution. I could change M&M into a group, add everyone to the group, and then just note specifically on each album page who did that game, but I don't know if M&M is actually a group per se and I don't like the idea of linking all of M&M to the album when we really know which specific part of it handled composition. I could also delete the M&M artist and have it as an alias for each composer, which would work everywhere except for Ninja Gaiden II, which had two composers. In order for that one to work with aliases, I'd have to put M&M in the composer field twice, one for each.

The last way I thought of, and the one I'm leaning toward, is just explicitly linking each composer to the album and putting "(M&M)" after the names. Thoughts?
Old Aug 6, 2008, 06:44 AM

I just wrote about this in the O'bits project thread and now I notice this thread. I'd say that the staff credited in those Meldac label albums have nothing to do with the original staff of each of the games. I dunno what M&M is or who they are but it would make sense that they belong to the arrange or Meldac label staff. I'm all for giving the "Composed by" spot to the original composers, and leaving M&M in the notes field.