VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:36 AM

Okay, this officially goes on sale tomorrow but apparently it's already available via Bandcamp. I can buy it, but I haven't tried to. :P

There's going to be two versions, one on Steam and one on Bandcamp. Both versions will contain the songs, with the following differences:

The Bandcamp one (which has 55 tracks) has a bunch of ringtones, answering machine messages, and remix material (whatever that is).

The Steam one won't contain the stuff mentioned above but will include in-game items.

I think that's enough reasons for there to be two versions of the soundtrack in the database, eh? Also I didn't add a tracklist because the one on Bandcamp is incomplete. When (if) I buy the album, I'll add it.

Edit: Oh, I changed the publisher to "Overkill Soundtracks" since that's the name of Overkill Software's music publishing department, according to their Bandcamp.

Last edited by Foxhack; Oct 17, 2012 at 09:40 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 05:09 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I wonder why they are only showing 17 of the tracks on the bandcamp page, even though they say it's a 55-track soundtrack. I'll paste here what they've listed for now.
Quote:
Breaking News 02:04
Gun Metal Grey (theme from First World Bank) 04:18
Double Cross (theme from Heat Street) 03:35
Home Invasion (theme from Counterfeit) 03:36
Busted (heist failed) 03:07
Stone Cold (theme from Green Bridge) 05:00
Three Way Deal (theme from Undercover) 04:12
Phoney Money (theme from Panic Room part 1) 02:28
The Take (theme from Panic Room part 2) 03:47
See You at the Safe House (heist successful) 02:15
Code Silver (theme from No Mercy) 04:49
Crime Wave (theme from Slaughterhouse) 03:22
Breach of Security (theme from Diamond Heist) 04:09
Criminal Intent (theme from the main menu) 03:15
Preparations (theme from the load-out menu) 02:51
I Will Give You My All 02:56
Shawn Davis and band - Payday for You and Me 02:49
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
I wonder why they are only showing 17 of the tracks on the bandcamp page, even though they say it's a 55-track soundtrack. I'll paste here what they've listed for now.
I've seen other bands do that. They only have those 17 tracks up as a preview, after all. ;p
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:16 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Exactly, sellers can choose to stream/preview all tracks or not.
This is also an efficient way to prevent direct recording as you won't get the full thing.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:28 PM

The Steam version is up and they clarified what the remix contents are.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/207816/

Quote:
So are you sure you can grasp all of this!? Because we’re not sure you can! We repeat: You get high quality MP3 files ready for your MP3 player! You also get lossless Wave versions so that you can convert them to any audio format you like!

On top of that, there are sound effect free versions of all tracks for those who enjoy the music more that way (or if you want to use the music in your YouTube PAYDAY gameplay video)! And, as if that wasn’t enough you get a set of four new masks inspired by a time when art ruled!

And finally: You get remix material (separate bass lines, guitar riffs, synth leads and effects) for several of the tracks! If this isn’t an ambitious release then we don’t know what is! Still, the download doesn’t cost more than HALF what a regular album costs (without these bells and whistles) on your digital music distribution service of choice.
I was mistaken. I thought the Steam version wouldn't include the remix material, but it looks like the only exclusive content on Bandcamp is the ringtones and answering machine messages.

So the 17 tracks are the main soundtrack, the other ones that aren't in the preview are probably the answering machine lines and / or the music-only versions.

Last edited by Foxhack; Oct 18, 2012 at 12:30 PM.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 06:53 PM

I bought the Steam version (it was $1.25) and... it made me download 1.64 GB of stuff. Argh. Really wish the damn thing was an optional download. Anyway I added the main track list, I didn't see the point in adding a track list for the lossless wavs and other remix stuff.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:17 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Seems like the steam version is different from the Bancamp release then ?
I don't know how long is the Bandcamp release but there are at least 30 real tracks: 17 + 6 "sound effect free" music tracks 20 minutes long + 7 real remixes 20 minutes long.
Thing i am completely missing are "Over 30 Payday themed answering machine messages, ring tones and text message signals!"
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:32 AM

The Bandcamp release includes the ring tones, the Steam version doesn't because their hook was in-game DLC (masks.) They're otherwise the same.

Also, those "remixes" aren't remixes, they're bits of the music tracks so other people can remix the songs.

Folder contents:
Quote:
E:\Steam\steamapps\common\payday the heist\Soundtrack>dir /b
a_message_from_simon_viklund.txt
PAYDAY The Game Soundtrack - full mp3 - 198 kbps
PAYDAY The Game Soundtrack - full wav - 48 kHz 24 bit
PAYDAY The Game Soundtrack - remix material
PAYDAY The Game Soundtrack - sound effect free mp3s - 198 kbps
PAYDAY The Game Soundtrack - sound effect free wavs - 48 kHz 24 bit
Quote:
E:\Steam\steamapps\common\payday the heist\Soundtrack\PAYDAY The Game Soundtrack - remix material>dir /b
1 - Gun Metal Grey
2 - Double Cross
3 - See You at the Safe House
4 - Crime Wave
5 - Code Silver
6 - Breach of Security
7 - I Will Give You My All
Quote:
E:\Steam\steamapps\common\payday the heist\Soundtrack\PAYDAY The Game Soundtrack - remix material\7 - I Will Give You My All>dir /b
bass_build-up_1_125bpm.wav
bass_ending_note.wav
bass_riff_125bpm.wav
guitar_steady_125bpm.wav
i_will_give_you_my_all_remix_notes.txt
sfx_distorted_scratch_echo_125bpm.wav
synth_choppy_125bpm.wav
synth_garnet_melody_125bpm.wav
synth_lead_125bpm.wav
synth_lead_alt_ending_125bpm.wav
synth_legato_build-up_125bpm.wav
vocals_1_clean_125bpm.wav
vocals_2_clean_125bpm.wav
vocals_harmony_1_125bpm.wav
vocals_harmony_2_125bpm.wav
Oh, it doesn't say who the hell is the vocalist for I Will Give You My All. I strongly suspect it's Simon himself. I sent a tweet to the devs, hopefully they'll answer.

Last edited by Foxhack; Dec 31, 2012 at 09:41 AM.