VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 3, 2008, 04:11 PM
VGMdb Staff

Default Let's id old-school sound team members! (ETA: 2034)

So earlier today I was browsing through some booklets looking for useful pictures to upload. Looking at the sound team photo's in the booklet for Game Music Festival ~Super Live '92~ I realized I mostly have no idea who's who, though some can be guessed by the instrument they're holding, as the booklet thankfully provides a list of who's in each shot along with their respective instruments. So let's figure out who everyone is!

Ok, for each team we have (1) a picture (with helpful numbers!) (2) the member info from the album booklet and (3) A list of who's who (one day!!)

Have fun! - Hi-res images

(Just a note regarding Zuntata: As you can see there are 14 people in the photo, but only 12 performers listed! There are two other people mentioned below the performers though, credited for "P.A Staff" and "Make-up", so I assume they are the additional two.)

Gamadelic

Quote:
MARO : Guitar & Rap
MR☆K : Mic & Percussion
ATOMIC HANADA : 6 Strings Bass & Rap
N'GJA MIURA : Drums
TOM : Guitar & Rap
RAIKA : Keyboard & Rap
SEILAH : Keyboard & Rap
1. Takafumi "N'GJA" Miura
4. Should be SEILAH, since all other members listed are confirmed to be men.

Zuntata

Quote:
Synthesizer I : Hisayoshi Ogura, Kazuko Umino
Synthesizer II : Norihiko Furukawa, Yoshirou Horie
Synthesizer III : Yasuhisa Watanabe, Katsuhisa Ishikawa, Tamayo Kawamoto

E.Guitar : Masahiko Takaki
A.Guitar : Hiroshige Tonomura
Synthe Bass : Shuichirou Nakazawa
E.Bass: Naoto Yagishita
Drums: Munehiro Nakanishi
P.A Staff: Kazuyuki Ohnui
Make-up: Yasuko Yamada
5. Katsuhisa Ishikawa
9. Tamayo Kawamoto
11. Kazuko Umino
13. Hisayoshi Ogura

Alfh Lyra

Quote:
Piano : Pii♪
S-Key. : Bunbun
Key. : Pakun
Guitar: Uppy
Bass : WOODY
Drums : Tatsui
4. Yoko "Pii♪" Shimomura
5. Tatsui

S.S.T. Band

Quote:
KOUCHI NAMIKI : Guitar
GEORGE IIJIMA : Guitar
MASATO SAITOH : Bass
HISANORI KUMAMARU : Drums
TAKENOBU MITSUYOSHI : Piano, Key.
KIMITAKA MATSUMAE : Computer, Key.
1. Takenobu Mitsuyoshi (what a scary face =[)
2. Hisanori Kumamaru
3. Kimitaka Matsumae
4. Masato Saitoh
5. Kouichi Namiki
6. George Iijima (with Mickey's yellow guitar)

Last edited by seanne; Oct 26, 2010 at 01:44 AM.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 11:17 PM

On the Zuntata picture:

8 = Norihiro Furukawa (fairly certain)
9 = Tamayo Kawamoto (that's her)
11 = Kazuko Umino (that's her)
12 = Masahiko Takaki (fairly certain)
14 = Yasuhisa Watanabe (fairly certain)
Old Aug 22, 2008, 12:20 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanne View Post
(Just a note regarding Zuntata: As you can see there are 14 people in the photo, but only 12 performers listed! There are two other people mentioned below the performers though, credited for "P.A Staff" and "Make-up", so I assume they are the additional two.)
Incidentally, Kazuyuki Ohnui and Yasuko Yamada are both Zuntata members also, having composed several Taito games. Also, I'm pretty sure Yasuko is a female name, so there'd be a third female in that picture.

For the S.S.T. Band shot, I don't know why Mickey and Galaxy switched guitars, but you've got the bottom row (4-6) all correct. I'm fairly sure 2 is Kumamaru and 3 is Matsumae, which is nice because it means everyone's positions in the picture match the positions they take on stage.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodo Kast View Post
14 = Yasuhisa Watanabe (fairly certain)
I second that, fairly certain.
Old Aug 23, 2008, 02:27 AM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

The drummers are always easy to pick out when they're holding their drumsticks. Hehehe.
Old Aug 23, 2008, 03:05 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodo Kast View Post
On the Zuntata picture:

8 = Norihiro Furukawa (fairly certain)
12 = Masahiko Takaki (fairly certain)
Seconding these pretty strongly.

I think #10 is Munehiro Nakanishi, but I'm not completely sure. Here's a still of him from the '98 güten Talk concert (only Zuntata vid I have):

Shuichiro Nakazawa is in this concert too, but there aren't any good clear shots of him in this song and I'm really not sure which number he is. Here he is with way too much light:

And partially occluded:

Old Oct 25, 2010, 02:39 PM
VGMdb Administrator

REVIVAAAAAAAAAAAAAL

Alfh Lyra #1 is Bunbun, 99% positive.
Zuntata #5 is Katsuhisa Ishikawa, 1000% positive.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 03:22 PM

I'm confused with the Alph Lyla one. I clearly see Setsuo Yamamoto(3) in there as well as Isao Abe(2), and i don't think that woman is yoko because by the time Setsuo came in, yoko had already left Alph Lyla. As i said, it looks more like Mari Yamaguchi. Number 5 is Naoshi Mizuta. I really don't see bun bun in there. Also Number 1 i'm 99 % positive is Yuri Sakazaki...err...i mean Yuko Takehara, she's just young here and is taken in a much different way than her recent picture. 4 and 6 are the ones i would like to know, though, i think 6 might be SYUN. If it is, then i need a pic where he's not styled like Jim Morrison.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 04:50 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarukameiKasumo View Post
...and i don't think that woman is yoko because by the time Setsuo came in, yoko had already left Alph Lyla. As i said, it looks more like Mari Yamaguchi.
Pii♪ (ぴぃ♪) is an alias of Yoko Shimomura and she is credited for piano in the GMF' 92 booklet.

Take a look at this photo shared by Another Soundscape. Yoko Shimomura is the second woman and Mari Yamaguchi the third.

Mari Yamaguchi
Old Oct 25, 2010, 08:32 PM

So that is her. Well the picture you showed on the bottom was the one i went by which kind of looked like her, but now that i see a young picture of yoko, i guess that is her. But why does it not mention Oyaji or Setsuo/Kashira? I am not aware of some of these codenames and had no idea they used other ones at one point. Also, i don't see Bun Bun/Yasuaki Fujita anywhere, if bun bun is there, then there must have been a different bun bun cause none of them look like bun bun to me. And who exactly is this WOODY person? I typed in woody on here and got someone who isn't even involved with capcom. Either wherever this came from listed the wrong people, they got mixed up, or AL gave out false info for some strange reason.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 01:10 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Also Number 1 i'm 99 % positive is Yuri Sakazaki...err...i mean Yuko Takehara, she's just young here and is taken in a much different way than her recent picture.
The person in the photo here is clearly a man, though.

Quote:
But why does it not mention Oyaji or Setsuo/Kashira?
This is an album featuring live performances, so every member of the sound team is not necessarily included.

Quote:
Also, i don't see Bun Bun/Yasuaki Fujita anywhere
Comparing these with the confirmed photo on his artist page, 1 seems the most likely to me. It's hard to tell for sure though.

Quote:
Either wherever this came from listed the wrong people, they got mixed up, or AL gave out false info for some strange reason.
I doubt the album booklet is listing incorrect information.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 01:20 AM

1. I thought it was a man at first, but then i saw yuko and it sort of looked like her and then i wasn't sure, i just assumed that it was a really bad picture of her and that she was also in an awkward state of maturing.

2. I meant i see Isao Abe and Setsuo Yamamoto in the picture, at least they look an awful lot like them.

3. I can see where you come from, but from what i've seen, bun bun has a thinner face and cheeks than that. Maybe he just looked that way at the time.

4. I agree, just confused that i see setsuo and isao abe there yet they are credited differently.

Either way, i am interested in a syun pic, i hoped that was him so i got an idea of him, but he's one of the people who are buried deep in the dark shadowy pit. His name and music are known but he himself is not.

But yeah, i was waaaay off, i feel quite dumb.

Last edited by HarukameiKasumo; Oct 26, 2010 at 01:37 AM.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 01:53 AM
VGMdb Staff

I updated the OP with what we've confirmed so far (better late than never, right ;p)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
Also, I'm pretty sure Yasuko is a female name, so there'd be a third female in that picture.
Hmm, I'd say 4, 8 and 10 are the most likely, but no one really stands out to me.

Quote:
I'm fairly sure 2 is Kumamaru and 3 is Matsumae, which is nice because it means everyone's positions in the picture match the positions they take on stage.
I agree, I think that's definitely correct.

Quote:
2. I meant i see Isao Abe and Setsuo Yamamoto in the picture, at least they look an awful lot like them.
Do you mean that 2 is Abe and 3 is Yamamoto? Because I'd cartainly agree it looks that way. I don't think we know who Pakun, Uppy, WOODY or Tatsui are, so two of those could well refer to Abe and Yamamoto.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Do you mean that 2 is Abe and 3 is Yamamoto? Because I'd cartainly agree it looks that way. I don't think we know who Pakun, Uppy, WOODY or Tatsui are, so two of those could well refer to Abe and Yamamoto.

Yeah. But the thing is, Abe always goes by Oyaji, so why isn't he here? If Yasuaki is going by Bun Bun and all, i mean. But yeah, i can clearly tell 2 is abe and 3 is setsuo yamamoto. Especially 3 being Yamamoto, that has to be him, if not, i guess he has a twin brother or something. lol
Old Oct 26, 2010, 10:33 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revoc View Post
Pii♪ (ぴぃ♪) is an alias of Yoko Shimomura and she is credited for piano in the GMF' 92 booklet.

Take a look at this photo shared by Another Soundscape. Yoko Shimomura is the second woman and Mari Yamaguchi the third.
Yeah, that's definitely Shimomura. I have seen her at Symphonic Fantasies and her facial features are very distinctive, especially when she smiles
So yes, that has to be her.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 09:18 PM

Well, that Tatsui/No.5 guy is clearly Naoshi Mizuta.

Uppy and Pakun are probably Setsuo and Abe, the only woody i could find here is Hitoshi Watanabe, though i doubt this woody is hotoshi, this woody here doesn't appear to have had any involvement with capcom, at least not that i know of.

That's all i can say here.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 04:39 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Well, that Tatsui/No.5 guy is clearly Naoshi Mizuta.
I agree there's some resemblance when comparing with his artist profile photo, but I don't see how that could be conclusive evidence. Has Mizuta ever been confirmed to be playing drums?
Old Oct 29, 2010, 11:20 AM

I don't know much about him to know that but it looks very much like the same person to me. Same head shape, same nose, same face, etc.

*EDIT*Well i looked him up and it says he plays the bass guitar, but it doesn't mention anything else. He could have played drums some time or another. If that's not him, then he's got a clone walking around somewhere. ha ha

Last edited by HarukameiKasumo; Oct 29, 2010 at 11:26 AM.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:51 AM

Seila is Mihoko Ando. Hope this helps.
Old May 31, 2015, 06:34 PM

REVIVAAAAAAAAAAAAAL AGAAAAAAINN!!!

Well, I made a page on Facebook called Video Game Music - VGM about a month ago, to pursue my passion for VGM and give information and curiosities about composers, relation about music in different games, some arrangements that I made, and so on. These are normal things here, but in my country, VGM are not popular at all, and I think it's valid for the composers to be known for their works. It's mainly in portuguese, but now I'm writing all its content in english too.

So, the thing is: I posted a photo some days ago about the sound team bands of the 90's. It's a compilation of the four photos shown here with the bands and companies' logos. I tagged every know member that we had information that have a known Facebook profile there (I happen to befriend every S.S.T.Band member, so I tagged them all), including Takafumi Miura, thanks to this thread. Luckily it got spread very fast, and Seiichi Hamada, from Gamadelic, found it.

The special thing is: he tagged himself and three other members of Gamadelic's photo.

As you can see in the image below, he tagged:
2: Akira Takemoto (aka RAIKA)
3: Tazya Kiuchi (Facebook profile)/Tatsuya Kiuchi (VGMdb profile) (aka MR☆K) [his profile on Facebook is "https://www.facebook.com/tatsuya.kiuchi", so it's safe to confirm that]
5: Seiichi Hamada (aka ATOMIC HANADA)
6: Hiroaki Yoshida (aka MARO)

Since we know "TOM" is Tomoyoshi Sato and "SEILAH" is confirmed to be a woman (aside the fact that the only left man is holding a guitar and "TOM" is responsible for "Guitar & Rap"), we can confirm that the left two are:

4: SEILAH (aka Mihoko Ando)
6: Tomoyoshi Sato (aka TOM)

So we done Gamadelic

I updated Akira Takemoto's profile with a photo from Facebook (it didn't had any) and the others with their Facebook profile links.

Thank you guys for starting this thread and showing me this. It stayed on my mind ever since I started to know about VGM official releases, and without you we would never know who they are. seanne, please update the main post

Old Jun 1, 2015, 12:14 AM

Someone needs to update the op!
Old Jun 1, 2015, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz Lunar View Post
Someone needs to update the op!
I really hope, haha. Since I knew the existence of this thread, I wanted to participate, hope that we can see some new posts here as in the first revival
Old Jun 1, 2015, 10:17 PM
Trusted Editor

Just from the looks I'd say #1 from Alph Lyla is Uppi (check the hairdo ). Confirmed pic of him:

Quote:
Alfh Lyra

4. Yoko "Pii♪" Shimomura
5. Tatsui

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
Alfh Lyra #1 is Bunbun, 99% positive.
Just a wild guess, but I think BunBun is #3. Leaves us with WOODY and Pakkun. Anyone has a picture he can supply for one or both of them?

Last edited by suicider; Jun 1, 2015 at 10:28 PM.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 11:09 PM

Also, someone tagged Norihiro Furukawa in the Zuntata photo. He confirmed liking and sharing it in his timeline. Here it is:

Old Jun 5, 2015, 12:50 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicider View Post
Just a wild guess, but I think BunBun is #3. Leaves us with WOODY and Pakkun. Anyone has a picture he can supply for one or both of them?
Or perhaps, their real names?
Old Jul 7, 2018, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicider View Post
Not a wild guess for me. #3 is definitely Yasuaki Fujita. Compare him to this more recent photo:

https://bdjogos.com.br/foto_perfil/1...aki-fujita.jpg

Same facial expressions. Same person on the left in this photo:

http://www.vgmpf.com/Wiki/images/3/3...d_Team_-_2.jpg

Ippo Yamada posted that photo on Facebook and tagged everyone, indicating Fujita is the guy on the left.

Last edited by ntwrk506; Jul 7, 2018 at 01:52 PM.