VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jul 18, 2017, 10:19 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I've seen the credit of Yogurt Yard and a couple of other Kirby's Adventure tunes to Ishikawa on some Japanese sites sourced to JASRAC, but Ando and Ishikawa are both credited as composers on those and every other song from the game. The difference is that Ishikawa is listed as the first composer on those songs, and Ando is the first on everything else.

Do you think that's good enough to go by, nextday? It seemed a little sketchy to me because I wasn't sure if there was actual significance to the order or if it was just random.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 05:29 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
I've seen the credit of Yogurt Yard and a couple of other Kirby's Adventure tunes to Ishikawa on some Japanese sites sourced to JASRAC, but Ando and Ishikawa are both credited as composers on those and every other song from the game. The difference is that Ishikawa is listed as the first composer on those songs, and Ando is the first on everything else.

Do you think that's good enough to go by, nextday? It seemed a little sketchy to me because I wasn't sure if there was actual significance to the order or if it was just random.
Late reply (sorry) but I just took composition credits from one of those Japanese game music wikis. You're the Kirby expert - not me - so if you think it isn't good enough, then by all means correct it.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 07:28 AM

I'm curious, where do the Kirby's Dream Land 2 credits come from?
Old Aug 11, 2017, 12:42 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I haven't seen it myself, but the composers of those three songs were apparently revealed in the pamphlet for the Kirby 25th anniversary orchestra concert, in an interview with Tadashi Ikegami about the medley they appeared in. I don't believe we have anything else from the game known.