VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:45 AM

Finally! There's actually info on this soundtrack! I've been waiting for awhile now. But.....Oct 1? What a shame we have to wait for another month and a half.....

This is directed to anyone: What are the chances of this OST getting released early on Itunes?

They did the same thing for ''Tekken Blood Vengeance''. There's no real reason why they can't do it for GKH...
Old Aug 10, 2011, 02:24 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I know you've been waiting for that album.
Annoucement was only made recently.

As for a iTunes version.. i very highly doubt about it.
The only reason Tekken BV was released on iTunes before the CD version is because the film was released on theater on North America before Japan.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 11:50 AM

How involved will Hitoshi Sakimoto be in this soundtrack?
Old Aug 20, 2011, 11:56 AM

I'm sure he'll be involved in the composition process. I'd imagine its similar to other Vanillaware games. As far as I know, much of the Basiscape team is involved.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 12:05 PM

I doubt he composes anything, as he tells his role here is the 'pure' sound producer and even doesn't write the main theme himself, but let's wait for how it turns out.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 12:46 PM

Ah, I didn't know about that. I just assumed it'd be like his other Vanillaware roles. I wonder who the lead composer is, if that's the case. (Kaneda perhaps?)
Old Aug 20, 2011, 09:21 PM

Kinda sad if he isn't as productive on this. I hope he doesn't quit composing altogether to be a sound producer or be very limited like with Uematsu-san or Shimomura or Mitsuda-san.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
Ah, I didn't know about that. I just assumed it'd be like his other Vanillaware roles. I wonder who the lead composer is, if that's the case. (Kaneda perhaps?)
Kaneda is actually introduced as the music directer, as well as the composer of the main theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivalice Alliance View Post
Kinda sad if he isn't as productive on this. I hope he doesn't quit composing altogether to be a sound producer or be very limited like with Uematsu-san or Shimomura or Mitsuda-san.
I'm not sure if any of the three composers are so limited. I think both Mitsuda and Shimomura just keep their own paces, and Uematsu is even more active than in his golden age (while I hope he shouldn't). If you think their activities are so sparse, perhaps it's due to the lack of quality, or high production values.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 08:58 AM

Mitsuda was never terribly prolific at any time. Being a perfectionist, he has always required more time than most to compose a soundtrack. In my opinion, his music is just as good as ever.

I agree that Uematsu's recent music (for FFXIV and Last Story) isn't quite as good as we could have hoped for, but there's certainly no lack of quantity there, and some of it's not bad.

As for Shimomura, she's easily as productive as she's ever been.

It's not as if Sakimoto is composing less, but there are more releases each year with his music on them, and maybe only one of them has a significant amount of it. I'd be happy if someone else from Basiscape could take over Sakimoto's current role so that he can focus on composing soundtracks alone. Hopefully then we'll get something as good as Vagrant Story or Final Fantasy XII again. I know he has the talent for it.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 10:44 AM

I'd be very pleased if Kaneda did most of the music. Actually I was a bit disappointed to read this thread and see that all of Basiscape is involved. Of course I enjoy all of their music, but Kaneda deserves a solo work. He's a fantastic composer.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 12:35 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXfjXqEfdEk

Last edited by Argentis; Aug 26, 2011 at 12:40 AM.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 02:43 PM
Trusted Editor

I must say that I really like what I hear in the trailer.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 07:51 PM

Added the tracklist and it seems someone added the four composers featured on the samples in the composer field.

http://basiscape.com/store_grandknights.html
Old Sep 2, 2011, 02:59 AM

Bah, just had to be Kudo and Kamikura, didn't it? Should have been Abe and Ciba.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
I'd be very pleased if Kaneda did most of the music. Actually I was a bit disappointed to read this thread and see that all of Basiscape is involved. Of course I enjoy all of their music, but Kaneda deserves a solo work. He's a fantastic composer.
Yeah, Kaneda is my favourite composer. He's been a huge inspiration for me. Cool to see him as the director here. I wanted Abe to be a part of this too, though.
Also share the same sentiment about Kudo & Kamikura, haha.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 03:20 AM

And I must be only the one who doesn't care about Abe that much (excepting his non-orchestral works). I'd take Kudo, Kamikura, Chiba over Kaneda, Abe and even Iwata nowadays.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 08:14 PM

Added Kudo as composer for 1-15. It originally was 1-12 for a second time, in between 14 and 16, so I made the assumption it was him, considering it wasn't anywhere else.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 04:17 AM

This is by far the worst (or the first bad) Basiscape soundtrack i've heard. And i've heard many, i'm a fan.

1.21 Tension is ok, 2.04 Sight of Avalon is good, 1.18 Charge!! is great, the rest is just vapid.