VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 27, 2012, 08:53 AM
Trusted Editor

I was wondering where the "(Arrange Ver.)" suffix comes from on track 3. I don't see it anywhere on my physical copy. Removing for now...

EDIT: Ah, I see. It's in the tracklist, which is listed in the shop. Hmm, so what takes preference here?

Last edited by LiquidAcid; Dec 27, 2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:06 AM

It should have the (Arrange Ver.), as the song in the album is actually a rearranged version, as the title says. The original song isn't available in any of Shikata's albums, and I could only find it in a video in NicoNico Douga that also had the arranged version and the orgel version in it.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:18 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidAcid View Post
I was wondering where the "(Arrange Ver.)" suffix comes from on track 3. I don't see it anywhere on my physical copy. Removing for now...
What's printed is always a priority... Including all the errors it might contain of course.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 03:28 AM
Trusted Editor

I just included a short remark in the notes.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 01:32 AM

I have one without back cover. I wonder if it's come this way from the start, or somebody took it away? Mystery is obi on board, it's always go trash first
Old Sep 24, 2015, 11:00 AM

Is "The Bird that Sleeps on the Green Forest" an official title of some sort? I ask because I thought we don't translate Japanese for album titles (at least not for the main title, maybe an alternate).

Also, to nitpick (if it's not official), the English is kind of weird because you don't really sleep on a forest, you probably sleep in one.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 01:52 PM

After a little bit of research, I see the translation "A Bird Sleeping in a/the Green Forest" across much of the internet, so I don't think this is an official title of any kind. I'm changing it to the romaji title because I think that's how the album titles are supposed to be. I will add the translation (which I will tweak only slightly according to my previous post) as an alternate title though.

By the way, I see a discrepancy between the submitted info and the scans in the release date. We have 2001-11-28 while the material says 2002-12-29. That's over a whole year's difference. Any info on that? Do we have scans for another release, like some reprint or something?

Last edited by RFGalaxy; Sep 26, 2015 at 01:57 PM.