VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 17, 2016, 12:56 PM

Thumbs up Your favorite SCORES from ANIME SUMMER SSN 2016

Just to get little talk about anime scores. I will name some of my favorites this summer season. What´s your favorites music scores so far?

ALDERAMIN (Keiji Inai) - because of precise & detailed orchestration.

B-PROJECT (Masato Nakayama) - surprisingly nice groovy & modern scores with strings (anime is hard to watch - male idol thing) but BGM´s were great.

ANGE VIERGE (Takatsugu Wakabayashi) - Wakabayshi is rather new and good composer with good sense for action music.

REGALIA (Ryo Takahashi) - nothing special to say - orchestral, good action tracks, but remember this one from 1st episode.

91 DAYS (Shogo Kaida) - old fashioned score with italian influences ala Nino Rota.

Last edited by Porter; Aug 4, 2016 at 10:06 AM.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 05:52 PM

10 Summer shows watching and unfortunately nothing amazing (yet), but these 3 are decent so far:
- Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara (Tatsuya Kato)
- Tales of Zestiria the X (Motoi Sakuraba)
- Servamp (Kenji Kawai)

Expecting good stuff from Mob Psycho 100 (Kenji Kawai) and Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! (Technoboys Pulcraft Green-Fund).
Old Aug 28, 2016, 08:00 AM

91Days (Kaida Shougo) - Good work. Fitting for the series and I think it'll be very listenable on its own, too.
orange (Tsutsumi Hiroaki) - Also perfect fit for the show. Mild melodies with pleasant tunes. Tsutsumi really impressed me with Kuromukuro OST. This one is also pretty good. Hopefully, he'll keep on delivering.
Mob Psycho 100 (Kawai Kenji) - I liked what i heard so far but it seems like series is intentionally downplaying the role of soundtrack. (On the other hand, the sound effect are handled pretty well.) This approach actually works within the scope of the story but it makes really hard to appreciate Kawai's work. I'm looking forward to CD release to really get a good listen of this.