VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Mar 31, 2013, 08:12 PM

As with the other two compilations by Machinae Supremacy, the tracks included in the albums were released by the band through most of the 2000s, but at some point in time, they decided to compile them in three different albums, each one following a certain motif.

That point in time seems to be the 16th of March of 2008. That was where they unveiled a new design for the website, changed the distribution format to FLAC and apparently compiled the albums. And I say apparently because there is no evidence on the archived snapshots of the website pointing to this, but MusicBrainz cites that date for the three albums, and there's a thread on Machinae's official forum celebrating the creation of the compilation albums, with messages like this:

Quote:
Also, I'm probably going to have to re-burn my webography CD now that there are pseudo-official groupings for the songs.
this:

Quote:
And I'll definitely have to listen to the webology in their new compilation order.
or this

Quote:
It is easier to navigate (at low resolutions) and I like the concept of compilations in the webography. The cover art is really cool

Last edited by Lashiec; May 1, 2013 at 04:47 PM.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 06:12 AM

Review-like notes, is that ok?
Old Apr 1, 2013, 06:51 AM

Their words, not mine.