VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Edits Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 18, 2021, 01:39 PM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
cat #
@GermanSeabass What is Materia Collective's role here? No previous releases from Toby Fox's personal Bandcamp have a catalog number or barcode.

If Materia's involvement is simply distributing the album to other services, then that information is likely not valid for use on this entry.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal View Post
@GermanSeabass What is Materia Collective's role here? No previous releases from Toby Fox's personal Bandcamp have a catalog number or barcode.

If Materia's involvement is simply distributing the album to other services, then that information is likely not valid for use on this entry.
Materia is the label, distributor, and music publisher/administrator for UNDERTALE and both DELTARUNE albums.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 01:57 PM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanSeabass View Post
Materia is the label, distributor, and music publisher/administrator for UNDERTALE and both DELTARUNE albums.
@GermanSeabass I was aware of this. However, I'm wondering why the Bandcamp release is not identical to the release on other services.

Title on Bandcamp: DELTARUNE Chapter 2 OST
Title on all other services: DELTARUNE Chapter 2 (Original Game Soundtrack)

I would expect the title to be same if it were administered by the same entity. So does Materia have control of the release on Toby Fox's Bandcamp?