VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Miscellaneous > Archives > Game Remixes Forum Archive 2009-2012
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 16, 2009, 04:51 PM

Default There is a winner!

I analyzed the results, and it looks like we have a clear winner. If there was cheating, it did not affect the awarding of the grand prize. I attempted manipulating the data several ways, and each way returns the same results. It is also clear who is the winner of the "Most Improved" prize.

While I wanted to post the results now, I need to talk to others about how to proceed in regards to second place. The results are so incredibly close that they are within the margin of error, and you can get several different answers depending on how you look at the data. As the rules state, the remixsite Group will decide how to proceed in this case.

It may take a day or so to get further opinions, and I'll be traveling to Philadelphia tomorrow for the holidays and won't be available. I'll post information once a decision is made how to proceed.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quintin3265 View Post
While I wanted to post the results now, I need to talk to others about how to proceed in regards to second place. The results are so incredibly close that they are within the margin of error, and you can get several different answers depending on how you look at the data
Sounds to me more like an excuse to split the prize money among multiple entrants in order to keep everyone happy. Either way, I'm glad this is coming to a close.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 09:45 AM

I don't understand the dispute, but I guess I don't know how the algorithm works. To me, it seems like you apply the algorithm to take out duplicate votes, pick who has the highest rating (by how much matters not), and award the prize.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 08:48 AM

No, the dispute isn't over duplicate voting. The algorithm did not pick up any outright cases of fraud from someone attempting to vote 100 times for the same song. There were a few instances where people might have accidentally clicked the wrong button or something, but that didn't influence the results.

The issue is that the statistical analysis of the results is skewed for some songs. But we're working on it and I think that everyone will be happy with the proposed solution, especially since it only affects second place.