VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old May 17, 2015, 11:57 PM
SaintSquall SaintSquall is offline
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: France
Posts: 439

Source:
http://anison.info/data/source/15697.html

After some search, i found "Yasuhide Sawazaki" for the romanization of 沢崎靖英.
I think there is not other good reading.
According to Anison, Yasuhide Sawazaki has sung for "Solbrain" and "Exceedraft" (Metal Heroes series).
Here Shiozukan4649, a very serious Japanese seller (and exact in his descriptions) on Ebay, write too Yasuhide Sawazaki (see his "item description"):
http://www.ebay.fr/itm/SUPER-RESCUE-...ht_2139wt_1117

And i found too Yasuhide Sawazaki for this album, but maybe he is not the same person?:
http://vgmdb.net/album/16710
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old May 18, 2015, 12:33 PM
Daemonskald's Avatar
Daemonskald Daemonskald is offline
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 322
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintSquall View Post

After some search, i found "Yasuhide Sawazaki" for the romanization of 沢崎靖英.
I think there is not other good reading.
(...)
And i found too Yasuhide Sawazaki for this album, but maybe he is not the same person?:
http://vgmdb.net/album/16710
Unfortunately, yes, there is another reading with Sawasaki.
There is already an artist on VGMdb with this reading: Koichi Sawasaki

Tower Records also list him as Sawasaki: http://www.tower.co.jp/artist/index/...it=20&page=781

So, I wonder where Revoc found his name's romanization for the Sengoku Basara album... From what I found, the booklet credits are not romanized.

To add to the enigma, this guy changed name as Yasuhide Sawa, dropping the second kanji of his family name:
http://ayaifactory.com/sawa.html

This link also lists his works; he played violin for the Sengoku Basara song. So, yes, it is the same person on both albums.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old May 18, 2015, 01:02 PM
SaintSquall SaintSquall is offline
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: France
Posts: 439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonskald View Post
Unfortunately, yes, there is another reading with Sawasaki. (...)
Yes, this is another reading, but I thought (maybe too quickly) that was wrong for this artist.
Thanks for the links, particularly the last one
Maybe we can have the anwer of the enigma on Jasrac's website, but I don't know how that works.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old May 18, 2015, 01:02 PM
Illidan's Avatar
Illidan Illidan is offline
VGMdb Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,327
Default

@Daemonskald: I uploaded a couple scans for those credits, looks like they're in English just for that particular song.

It could be a typo, but I would tend to believe a booklet more than tower.

And SaintSquall, since maybe it's not obvious, ebay auctions are not a good source for names. Or anything, really.
__________________
Anime | Music | Stuff

Last edited by Illidan; May 18, 2015 at 01:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old May 18, 2015, 01:18 PM
SaintSquall SaintSquall is offline
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: France
Posts: 439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illidan View Post
@Daemonskald: I uploaded a couple scans for those credits, looks like they're in English just for that particular song.

It could be a typo, but I would tend to believe a booklet more than tower.

And SaintSquall, since maybe it's not obvious, ebay auctions are not a good source for names. Or anything, really.
I have totally trust in Shiozukan4649. Also I have already made a lot of transactions with him, and he is a perfect seller.
So, he was right anyway

By the way, you changed "Kyokushu" by "Kyokushuu", the first romanization is not correct?
It's written like that here:
http://vgmdb.net/album/42830

And I noticed that for the other Getter Robo Go's album, you changed too "Ongakushu" by "Ongakushuu".
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old May 18, 2015, 01:25 PM
Phonograph's Avatar
Phonograph Phonograph is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,900
Default

the correct ones are kyokushuu and ongakushuu, some people tend to omit the "deaf" u (that's not correct to omit it)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old May 18, 2015, 01:26 PM
Illidan's Avatar
Illidan Illidan is offline
VGMdb Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintSquall View Post
I have totally trust in Shiozukan4649. Also I have already made a lot of transactions with him, and he is a perfect seller.
So, he was right anyway
You're free to trust whoever you want, just don't use them as a source here.

Just remember that you're not forced to romanize everything, if you can't find a good source (like in this case), just leave it in kanji. You may be right sometimes by guessing, but that's not a good reason to keep doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintSquall View Post
By the way, you changed "Kyokushu" by "Kyokushuu", the first romanization is not correct?
It's written like that here:
http://vgmdb.net/album/42830

And I noticed that for the other Getter Robo Go's album, you changed too "Ongakushu" by "Ongakushuu".
Shuu is the correct reading for 集, the other album was wrong.
__________________
Anime | Music | Stuff
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old May 18, 2015, 01:35 PM
SaintSquall SaintSquall is offline
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: France
Posts: 439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illidan View Post
Just remember that you're not forced to romanize everything, if you can't find a good source (like in this case), just leave it in kanji.
VGMdb (for the album Sengoku Basara) is not a good source so?

Quote:
You may be right sometimes by guessing, but that's not a good reason to keep doing it.
Oh, don't be killjoy Illidan

Quote:
Shuu is the correct reading for 集, the other album was wrong.
Ok so VGMdb is not a good source
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old May 18, 2015, 01:44 PM
Illidan's Avatar
Illidan Illidan is offline
VGMdb Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintSquall View Post
VGMdb (for the album Sangoku Basara) is not a good source so?
Since you didn't know if they were the same person no, it was just a guess.
__________________
Anime | Music | Stuff
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old May 18, 2015, 01:48 PM
SaintSquall SaintSquall is offline
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: France
Posts: 439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illidan View Post
Since you didn't know if they were the same person no, it was just a guess.
Illidan has an anwer for everything!
But I was right anyway, for this time, so that's the most important.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old May 18, 2015, 03:35 PM
Daemonskald's Avatar
Daemonskald Daemonskald is offline
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 322
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illidan View Post
@Daemonskald: I uploaded a couple scans for those credits, looks like they're in English just for that particular song.

It could be a typo, but I would tend to believe a booklet more than tower.
@Illidan
Nice find. I could only find the 1st song credits scan...
And I do agree with you, booklets should be more reliable than Tower Records when we do have both.
But we've already found some ugly typo in booklets and, worse, credits errors...

Without the scan the romanization could have been both "Sawazaki" or "Sawasaki". That was my point here, answering the "I think there is not other good reading." from SaintSquall, which was untrue.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old May 22, 2015, 12:08 PM
SaintSquall SaintSquall is offline
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: France
Posts: 439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonskald View Post
Without the scan the romanization could have been both "Sawazaki" or "Sawasaki". That was my point here, answering the "I think there is not other good reading." from SaintSquall, which was untrue.
I knew for "Sawasaki", I shouldn't have written like that.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
COCC-14260: B-Robo Kabutack SONG COLLECTION SaintSquall Album Discussions 0 Sep 19, 2018 08:58 PM
COCC-13718: BEETLEFIGHTERKABUTO Song Collection Vol.2 SaintSquall Album Discussions 0 Sep 19, 2018 08:05 PM
FMCC-5004: Tokusou Robo Janperson Song Collection SaintSquall Album Discussions 3 Apr 1, 2018 04:36 PM
COCC-6887: Tokkei WINSPECTOR Hit Song Collection II SaintSquall Album Discussions 0 Mar 22, 2018 06:11 PM
YASUNORI IWASAKI - Getter Robo Armagedon - FOR SALE Porter Miscellaneous Discussion 0 Sep 30, 2012 05:57 AM