VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 19, 2018, 04:48 PM

Can't believe it's finally happening! Waited this one for so long! <3

Anyone knows what this last item means? Google translates is to "stem track", so maybe separated stems for some tracks?

'収録曲:32曲+2曲(アレンジ)+ステムトラック'
Old Apr 19, 2018, 05:01 PM

Yep.

http://sweeprecord.biz/?pid=130659576

DISK2には楽器演奏やリミックスに嬉しいアレンジトラックのステムデータを収録

"DISK 2 contains stem data of arrangement tracks that are nice for instrument performance and remixing."

At least one of the arranged tracks will be by Toshimichi Isoe.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 05:05 PM

Thank you, Judge! That is pretty interesting, I've never seen this done before in VGM albums, let alone in a game that's so important!
Old Apr 19, 2018, 06:56 PM

The preorder bonus for Genpei Toumaden Sound Chronicle (also from SuperSweep) was a disc containing the stems from the new AQUA POLIS arrangement medley, which sounds a lot like what the notice on the SweepRecord page is getting at. If you consider "backing tracks" to be covered under stems, then there's other examples like Battle Gear III and some MintJam albums. If you don't count off-vocal karaoke backing tracks, you're still right in that it's pretty rare for VGM.

As far as paying for a soundtrack and getting samples goes, this Payday 2 release and its "REMIX MATERIAL" tracks full of strung-together samples is the only other thing that springs to mind.

Then there's Risk of Rain: Engineer Edition, but it was released as a separate purchase.

THQ and Sonic Foundry released a lot of samples from Toxic Grind as part of a promotional remix contest for use in Acid, but these weren't available on its soundtrack.

Last edited by Judge Ito; Apr 19, 2018 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Rephrasing
Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:16 PM
VGMdb Staff

While Haruo Ohashi is credited on the original Wild Guns, he isn't credited on Reloaded.

Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:44 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I added Ohashi for the original SFC soundtrack that's also included here, since he wrote three songs for it (breakdown from Iwatsuki himself over here).
Old Apr 21, 2018, 01:08 AM

Hiroyuki Iwatsuki was responsible for all the arrangements on Reloaded. He doesn't even know where Haruo Ohashi is, as he didn't see him for decades now.
Old May 24, 2018, 08:01 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Scans are up, with a complete breakdown for both games and liner notes etc...
Awesome release.
Old May 24, 2018, 06:54 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I intentionally deleted the DVD from the media earlier because it seems that it's just a data disc containing stem tracks and doesn't have any kind of tracklist worth mentioning. I don't really see the point in adding the data disc in cases like this; all it does is make it harder to add tracklists to the entry because now you have to make up a fake "tracklist" for it. Maybe worth discussing though.
Old May 24, 2018, 08:26 PM
Trusted Editor

It was to add more info for the disc 2 of the catalog number, Classification and Media Format.
disc 1: fixed the catalog number from SRIN-1155 to SRIN-1155-1
disc 2: created a disc page for SRIN-1155-2 and matched its info(Classification>data; Media Format>DVD).

Last edited by whatkind; May 24, 2018 at 08:31 PM.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 06:50 AM

What is "stem" data? And isn't it a waste of DVD for 99% of the population/customers?
Old Sep 11, 2018, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxKiller65 View Post
What is "stem" data? And isn't it a waste of DVD for 99% of the population/customers?
They are the separated audio files which were mixed to form the arrangements contained in this release. They are 48kHz 32-bit floating point WAV files. The score is also included, on PDF files.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 03:35 AM

Whoa, that's pretty crazy and very generous, but true that it will be useless to almost every buyer. I don't even make remixes, I just like checking things like that out.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 09:14 PM

Didn't see this mentioned anywhere, but Track 33 is an arrange of Carson City and Track 34 is an arrange of Last Duel. The latter is slowed down considerably and it was slightly hard to pick out at first, but once the main part hit, it was unmistakable. Think Rockman X arrange, but western-flavored. It COULD be a medley track, but I don't recognize the first minute and a half or so.