VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Aug 31, 2010, 02:28 PM

Default Top Ten Falcom Soundtracks - Another Community Survey

So after the success of the Top Ten RPG Composers, I thought it would be interesting to do another survey for September. This time at VGMdb and STC dedicated to your top ten Falcom soundtracks given the game music community would be able to give quite an interesting opinion on that. Please list your favourite Falcom game soundtracks (not albums) in order of preference. Also state the console for games with ports.

If you haven't heard enough to make a top ten list, then it might be best not to respond, as otherwise it will come down to 'most listened to Falcom soundtrack' rather than what is actually the best. Not necessary to have listened to absolutely everything of course though. Pretty much complete lists of Falcom soundtracks is available here and here for those who need to reference.

Thanks a lot for participating!!

-------------

Here is my list:

1) Ys I (PC-8801)
2) The Legend of Heroes VI: Sora no Kiseki (PC)
3) Ys Origin (PC)
4) Gurumin (PC)
5) Ys III (X68000)
6) Sora no Kiseki the 3rd (PC)
7) Sorcerian (PC-8801)
8) VM Japan (PC)
9) Ys I & II Chronicles (PSP)
10) Zweii! (PC)

Honourable mentions to The Legend of Heroes IV: A Tear of Vermillion, Ys: The Oath in Felghana, Brandish: The Dark Revenant, and Dinosaur Resurrection. As you can tell, I'm mostly a fan of modern works of Falcom, though have a big soft sport for some of the early classics too.