VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 16, 2012, 10:27 AM

I have decided that I will buy this game's soundtrack eventually, but want to make sure that I buy the right one. I know that this album is for the newer version of the game, released on the PSP, and also has some new tracks as well. Although it states that has all the original tracks, which makes me ask if the original tracks are the same as the PS2 OST release or are these enhanced/remixed like the PSP Persona's soundtracks. I am a fan of this series and soundtracks that sound from the old 90's RPGs. The music from the other games in this series sound really awesome and remind me of so many other great games that have come before it. In the event that I can't find or buy the original PS2 release, it would be great to know that I could still have the same music with this re-release, but only if the music sounded the same. I don't necessarily always want the sound upgraded or changed as it can lose it's "classic" sound. No one on here has this in their collection, but if anyone knows anything or has heard it please me know what this album is? Thanks!

Last edited by thedreamtraveler; Jan 16, 2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 11:15 AM

Also it would be nice if anyone knew anything about track times for the songs on both discs. I can't find anything about this soundtrack at all. If I knew that, I could compare them with the original PS2 release to see if the Over Reloaded tracks were extended. I am sure the sound was not touched on this album which is what I want, now I am wondering which one is the better buy. This release or the original PS2 soundtrack? Again if anyone knows anything about this release it would help me out greatly!
Old Feb 6, 2012, 11:37 AM

you have been granted
Old Feb 6, 2012, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonograph View Post
you have been granted
Awesome! Someone read my post! If you can help me out with this I would greatly appreciate it! I love the Growlanser games and their music quite a bit, but am unsure what OST for the 4th game is best. I can't find anything on this album, other than what the database has.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamtraveler View Post
Awesome! Someone read my post! If you can help me out with this I would greatly appreciate it! I love the Growlanser games and their music quite a bit, but am unsure what OST for the 4th game is best. I can't find anything on this album, other than what the database has.
honestly, the only growlanser ost I like is for the 1st growlanser (I even made a faqs about it so much I like the game)
some tracks of growlanser ii ost are ok, for the rest of the series it was that memorable I can't remember anything about those ones, sorry (not very helpful, I'd say)
Old Feb 7, 2012, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonograph View Post
honestly, the only growlanser ost I like is for the 1st growlanser (I even made a faqs about it so much I like the game)
some tracks of growlanser ii ost are ok, for the rest of the series it was that memorable I can't remember anything about those ones, sorry (not very helpful, I'd say)
The fact that you replied to my post seems like it was enough for some one on here to put up track times so it wasn't all for nothing. I agree with your opinion for the most part. Growlansers 1 & 2, as far as soundtracks go, the first one was brilliant and the second one was great. The first one being awesome is no surprise as was done by Grandia fame, Noriyuki Iwadare, who is one of my all time favorite composers. The third game in the series took many of the 2nd games tunes and remixed them along with its own tracks. It was really different than other games in the series had a more techno sound to it. The fourth game went back to the series roots, from what I have heard. I can't speak for the other games music as I haven't really explored those too much. The games are all great from what I have played. The only ones I haven't played ever was the 1, 4, and 6. Thankfully Atlus is bringing out Over Reloaded for the US sometime in June. This leaves 1 and 6 I suppose, I would love to be able to play the first one as many seem to love that one as well.

Last edited by thedreamtraveler; Feb 7, 2012 at 05:29 AM.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 04:29 AM

"remaster" should be also selected, music is clearly arranged
I heard music from the ps2 game and I'm currently playing the psp GLIV Over Reloaded and the music is way better on the psp version

edit: it's a bit like sora no kiseki and sora no kiseki evolution

Last edited by Phonograph; Jun 2, 2016 at 05:07 AM.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 04:44 AM

credits taken from the jap game (i just skipped the jap song title --gift etc, pray etc)

OPENING & ENDING SONG
-Opening Theme-
Word: Yoh Haduki
Music & Arrangement: Ryota Kozuka
Vocal: Kaoru Kubota
E.Guitar: Toshiki Konishi

-Ending Theme-
Word: Yoh Haduki
Music & Arrangement: Ryota Kozuka
Vocal: Kaoru Kubota
A.Guitar & E.Guitar: Toshiki Konishi

SOUND STAFF