VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old May 20, 2013, 01:38 AM

I think I've found something interesting about this artist. For a long time, I've been searching for references about a violinist named 下岡千香 (credited in two albums), and until now I haven't noticed that this artist (also violinist) shares the given name (石垣 千香) with 下岡 千香.

So, the question arose: "Maybe they are the same person?" And the answer proved to be "Yes, they are".

Facts: According to this, 下岡千香 has been member of three units (O,K,String Quartet, 芍薬 (Shakuyaku), Setembro). This source (part of aki kuroda's website) confirms she was member Shakuyaku and identifies her as "CHICA", and also this other site (Setembro album) credits to Chika Shimooka as violinist.

Well now, what's the proof that 下岡千香 and 石垣千香 are the same person? Only through the Wayback Machine, we can access to a byography of 石垣千香 and that's all what we need to verify that indeed she was member of 芍薬, setembro and O,K,String Quartet (all those works are listed in her discography).

By the way, there is no proof to back this up, but likely Chika Shimooka (下岡千香) is the maiden name of Chika Ishigaki.

Last edited by isdapi; May 20, 2013 at 01:43 AM.
Old May 20, 2013, 01:53 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I had the idea that they were the same person when I was working on the artist info on the Tamashii no Mon arrange album, but I couldn't find any particularly good connection. Nice work finding those old groups she was a part of! I don't remember ever coming across those.