VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:16 PM

Reveal more of what you know
Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:46 PM
Trusted Editor

@GermanSeabass: This is just confirmation of some of the release dates of albums presented on Vol. 9.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 06:22 AM

Default Now that the soundtrack has been released...

Can someone please post the liner notes and track lengths? It would be good to know which of the tracks have been remastered and which have not.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneofyourbusiness View Post
Can someone please post the liner notes and track lengths? It would be good to know which of the tracks have been remastered and which have not.
I can probably do this in the next couple of weeks.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taelusramza View Post
I can probably do this in the next couple of weeks.
I would really appreciate that! It would be great to see the pages for the 1.5 and 2.5 soundtracks (and the box set) complete. Especially because knowing how many of the tracks are remastered would help me decide whether or not to buy the soundtracks. My bonus credit for CD Japan expires January 8th.

Last edited by Noneofyourbusiness; Dec 20, 2014 at 07:42 AM.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 11:40 AM
Trusted Editor

Pretty much all of them have been tweaked in some way.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissident93 View Post
Pretty much all of them have been tweaked in some way.
I'd assume that some like Hikari and Passion are the same, though. Are the liner notes more specific? Also, what does it say in iTunes? For the Final Fantasy X Remaster soundtrack, the remastered tracks have 2013 under the "Year" column and the unaltered ones have 2001.

Last edited by Noneofyourbusiness; Dec 21, 2014 at 10:09 AM.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 07:28 AM

Dissident 93 responded to me that he/she doesn't have the liner notes (he/she filled in the track lengths from a rip). Can someone who does please fill them in?
Old Dec 24, 2014, 10:57 AM

I added the linear notes, but I excluded Yoko Shimomura's comment since I can't translate it, her little "Thank you xyz...", and I just listed people in order with commas rather than the top/down style the book used (mostly) since it looked really messy when I did that here. I also looked over the tracklist looking at little things and fixed it up (more so for 2.5), notably I removed the "-Bonus Track-" from the respective track names as the booklet doesn't include that in the name of those tracks.

Last edited by IJustDontKnowAnymore; Dec 24, 2014 at 10:58 AM. Reason: spelling
Old Dec 26, 2014, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneofyourbusiness View Post
[...]what does it say in iTunes? For the Final Fantasy X Remaster soundtrack, the remastered tracks have 2013 under the "Year" column and the unaltered ones have 2001.
I'm interested in that info; would you post the link, please?
Old Mar 1, 2019, 06:09 PM

How sure are we that Shimomura arranged the OST herself?

I had always been familiar with the original PS2 OST, but never played the game. Now that I'm playing the PS4 collection version of KH 1.5 Remix, the music is really throwing me off. It's like a completely re-arranged OST.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 01:02 PM

The arrangements themselves are pretty much identical to the originals, with exeption swapping the old PS2 synth with higher quality samples and some live instruments here and there. I played through 1.5 recently and compared both OSTs. Most tracks sound much better here than their original counterparts (The "Gummi Ship" themes, most area and battle themes with live instruments like "Winnie the Pooh", "A Very Small Wish", "End of the World", "Monstrous Monstro", "Pirate's Gigue" or "Fragments of Sorrow").

My only problem is the lack of intensity and dramatic vibe some original tracks had, mostly orchestral battle themes like "Destiny's Force", "Shrouding Dark Cloud", "The Deep End" and "Squirming Evil". The new arrangements sound too "soft" unlike their original "harder" and "edgier" counterparts. It could be because the synth samples, but they had a bit more impact in my opinion.

But overall, this soundtrack is a huge improvement. And KH2 is even better.

Also on a random note - they used the old version of "A Walk in Andante" here, however it's reprise in "Where Is This?" has been re-arranged.

By the way, as we have this topic - are there any news about Kingdom Hearts III's soundtrack release?

Last edited by Mac_Tear; Mar 2, 2019 at 01:17 PM.