VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Dec 26, 2018, 09:34 AM

Default QWCI-00003: Fire Emblem: Fuuin no Tsurugi / Rekka no Ken ORIGINAL...

For those who have bought this, how's the sound quality? I've been eyeing it but I can't find any samples of it anywhere.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 05:02 PM
VGMdb Administrator

@dancey just to double check, Rekka no Ken 1.02 (Fire Emblem "Theme") doesn't have arrangement credited to Kaoru Kita? It was credited to him on earlier albums.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 06:50 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
@dancey just to double check, Rekka no Ken 1.02 (Fire Emblem "Theme") doesn't have arrangement credited to Kaoru Kita? It was credited to him on earlier albums.
It does not have a direct credit in the inserts, no. I left the credit in there because I noticed it was from a previous album with an insert credit but I haven't gotten to the discs yet to rip so I haven't started my normal changelog for changes (or gotten to translating the tracklist).
Old Jan 18, 2019, 04:17 PM
Trusted Editor

- Added Album Info from inserts (and corrected typo)
- Added track times from CD source
- Linked Mastering Engineer
- Added English tracklist*
- The credit for "All Songs Composed/Arranged by Yuka Tsujiyoko" from the insert that is printed on the same page and after the Rekka no Ken individual credits is presumably the credits for the bonus disc orgel arrangements. All of the tracks feature on it were composed by Tsujiyoko so that at least checks out.. Correction. All songs were originally composed by Yuka Tsujiyoko except Disc 6 M6 and M10, originally composed by Saki Haruyama. So this might be a typo in the inserts/lazy crediting.

* Note about English Tracklist:

Fuuin no Tsurugi (Disc 1&2) does not have an English version so most of those titles are translations from the tracklist. Rekka no Ken does have an English verison ("Fire Emblem", or Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade), and those track titles were taken from the in-game Sound Room. Links here:

https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Soun..._Blazing_Blade
https://fireemblem.fandom.com/wiki/L..._Blazing_Blade
https://serenesforest.net/blazing-sw...us/sound-room/

I could not find any YouTube recordings of the Sound Room to verify the tracklists but all 3 are consistent so I think we're ok.

A number of the tracks in Rekka no Ken are labeled "(烈火Ver)" and come from previous games, almost exclusively from Fuuin no Tsurugi. Those localized titles were copied to Fuuin no Tsurugi and used for their titles. There are a handful of tracks that are not labeled "(烈火Ver)" but also come from Fuuin no Tsurugi. Those are 5-17, 18, 27, 28, 29 and correspond directly to 2-23, 24, 1-11, 1-12, 1-13 respectively. Those were also copied

Disc 6 is obviously just orgel arrangements of songs from both series and all except Disc 6 M3 have an English localization from the Rekka no Ken Sound Room.

Because this tracklist is a mix of both localized and non-localized track titles, I am leaving the tracklist label as just "English" instead of "English (Localized)" or "English (Literal)".

Last edited by dancey; Jan 18, 2019 at 04:20 PM.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 04:48 PM

Can anyone help clear up who actually composed/arranged which songs for Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword (Rekka no Ken)? The linear notes' composer breakdown for any tracks with multiple artists from this album are almost totally different from those on FIRE EMBLEM CHARACTERS Premium CD [TDEA-3548]. Any idea why that might be?