VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 9, 2012, 05:11 PM

Since this and Musica Divina are going to be released together, shouldn't both products be in a single entry?
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:59 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I think the entry should be merged yes.
Maybe "Divinity Anthology - Music Obscura & Divana" as title.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:50 PM

Also of note, this soundtrack -will- be distributed digitally. GOG has been confirmed as a seller, they'll have the Divinity II package (without all the awesome physical goodies) for sale for $19.99.

http://www.gog.com/divinity

The page mentions four soundtracks, but that's because you'll get the soundtracks for the first two Divinity games as well.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhack View Post
Also of note, this soundtrack -will- be distributed digitally. GOG has been confirmed as a seller, they'll have the Divinity II package (without all the awesome physical goodies) for sale for $19.99.

http://www.gog.com/divinity

The page mentions four soundtracks, but that's because you'll get the soundtracks for the first two Divinity games as well.
Incorrect. I own all the Divinity games on GOG.com and the two Divinity II soundtracks you get digitally when purchasing Divinity II Developer's Cut on GOG are *not* Musica Divina & Musica Obscura, as far as I can tell.

You get a zip file with two albums/folders, one named "Ego Draconis" (the game's original subtitle), which contains the exact same 32 tracks that you can download on Kirill Pokrovsky's homepage. The other one, Flames of Vengeance, is named after the game's expansion and contains what appears to be tracks ripped straight from the game, with weird track names and no numbering.

As far as I can tell, the Musica Divina & Musica Obscura albums are *not* part of the extras you get for buying it on GOG.com, as least not at the present time.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 08:33 AM

I meant that during the promo, the sale page said you'd get four soundtracks.

Two would be the ones you got for the two original Divinity games (which I also own for some reason), and the other two would be the Divinity II stuff mentioned here. I didn't buy Divinity II so I had no idea they hadn't included the soundtracks. Seems like a weird oversight. I'll ask in the forums to see what's up.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 01:14 PM

Musica Divina and Musica Obscura are distributed digitally, for free, on the Kirill Pokrovsky official website, along with all his works (game soundtracks and piano works, ar http://www.kirillpokrovsky.com/ )
The physical release has no detailed tracklist. Only the digital version has proper tracks titles.

Also the discs are inverted in the vgmdb tracklist : according to the cover, Musica Divina is disc 1, but it is the 22 tracks disc, while Musica Obscura is Disc 2 with 20 tracks.
I would have submitted a corrected tracklist if i could figure how to add 2 tracks on CD1 and remove 2 tracks on CD2 tracklists....

Added the french release discs and covers

Last edited by barbarian_bros; Oct 1, 2016 at 01:37 PM.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 04:11 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Fixed.
By the way there's no current solution to the tracklist problem, you need to submit a new one.