VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:52 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Was that soundtrack ever "published" ?
A simple listing from the composer website is not enough to be a valid entry.

Last edited by Myrkul; Aug 23, 2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 02:14 PM

It will have a BandCamp entry sometime soon.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 04:54 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

So it if was not published before, i hope you'll agree to change the release date accordingly to the bandcamp release date.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:59 AM

Yes, you are correct. I will make the change.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 01:32 PM

The game, though complete, will be released to the public at a later date. The developer has chosen to commit its resources to another PC visual novel project (for which I also composed the music) called Mitsumata.

That said, I will be releasing the PPBB soundtrack later this year after I remaster and revise the music (since I now have extra time to do so).
Old Jun 12, 2014, 03:57 PM

Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, the developer I wrote music for dropped both projects. I will compile the soundtracks for both and release them separately as royalty-free collections for personal and commercial use.

This album has been remade as the first of those collections. It contains the original soundtrack to a visual novel supplanted with other original music. As always, the whole thing can be streamed for free via bandcamp.

I welcome your comments.

Mods, please delete the old tracklist due to missing tracks.

Last edited by Jormungand; Jun 12, 2014 at 04:06 PM.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 06:08 PM

The name change is to differentiate between this album and the upcoming vol.2.

Here's the short and sweet explanation of both the album and game:

Tracks 3 through 17 comprise the soundtrack of canceled visual novel "Mitsumata". The game, in it's alpha form, was featured on The Next Game Boss (segment featuring the game; the developer there was not the game's director, and I didn't have any contact with her).

I first began working on Mitsumata in late 2010. The developer asked me to pause work on the game and instead focus on a score for a related VN (Papa Pirate, Baby Bandit), which will be featured on Vol.2. Both games took place in the same world with a shared dark fantasy mythos, though Mitsumata was set in modern times while PPBB was medieval. The completed PPBB was released at some Japanese comic market somewhere to prove the developer's ability. I composed a similar amount of music for both games. PPBB was finished in 2011 and had a lot of orchestral stuff--some of my favorite that I've done. I then resumed work on Mitsumata and completed its soundtrack in early 2012.

One fun fact about this particular game is that there was to be a vocal opening song, but the vocalist eventually became unavailable. I tried composing something three times, each a totally different song. The first was just outright rejected. The second was more successful, but the developer asked for a piano version of to use as an image theme for PPBB (the PPBB score has an arrangement of that theme, but the piano version will remain unreleased as I don't believe it was actually used in the game). The third was 100% complete and just needed a vocal recording. Maybe some day I'll use it!

Last edited by Jormungand; Mar 1, 2016 at 06:11 PM.