VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 8, 2009, 06:19 AM
VGMdb Staff

Correct some name according to the tracklist on back cover.
The back cover reports errors in lenght for some tracks, so what should we do? Should we report the uncorrect lenght like in back cover or the effective lenght (available from the creation of this page)?

Last edited by depa; Nov 8, 2009 at 06:24 AM.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 06:32 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

All tracks lenghts are good on the back cover excepted:

21 is 0:38 (not 0:34)
they skipped track 30 (1:19)
31 is 0:57
32 is 1:08

33 & 34 are ok.

I think we should never reflete cover track lenghts (until we don't have any other proof), but use real track lenghts if anyone is able to provide them.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 07:05 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Yeah, i think if a cover has a time error, we should correct it in the tracklist, but mention it in the notes. The tracklist times are important for the freedb lookups.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 04:09 PM

Hi!

I recently got my hands on this album and wanted to point out a few mistakes about the tracklist :
  • Track 17 (Tomb Raider 3 #17) is actually the main theme from Tomb Raider II, called Title Tune in the album Joypad CD Vol.2 - Les musiques de Tomb Raider 1 & 2 (track 1).

• Track 24 (The Doors) and 25 (The Greatest Wall) are from Tomb Raider II as well. The same mistakes were made in the Tomb Raider 1 & 2 album.
So the exact repartition of the tracks would be :
Tracks 01 to 16: Tomb Raider III
Tracks 17 to 25: Tomb Raider II
Tracks 26 to 34: Tomb Raider

I don't know if those details will make their way to the notes as they contradict with some of the tracks names, which I suppose should not be changed, but here they are anyway.

(BTW, awesome work on this website, keep it up!)

Last edited by Kadoo; Jan 22, 2011 at 04:43 PM.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 01:38 AM

Hello, I am so sorry if reviving "dead" threads is a no no here, but I have no where else to go... I collect soundtracks and have gotten my hands on the rarest of the rare... But I absolutely cannot find this one. I have gone EVERYWHERE. eBay of different countries, same with Amazon, Googles of different countries, even looking up the magazine it came from. NOTHING.

Does anyone know how I can get this? Or would anyone be willing to sell me theirs?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!!! (:
Old Jul 9, 2012, 04:30 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I don't think you will find these Tomb Raider CDs in ebay & the like.
You'll need to target more "frenchy" 2-hand websites.

Having done a really quick search, i found that place (french site) :priceminister

I have never used that website myself, and i don't know if they ship on other countries than France itself. (you can always try to contact the seller).
Old Jul 9, 2012, 05:11 AM

^ I'm pretty sure that was the website I bought Joypad CD Vol.3 - Les musiques de l'Odyssée d'Abe from. And yes they do ship internationally.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 05:36 PM

I already went on Price Minister and messaged all the sellers :/ They don't have it...
Old Jul 9, 2012, 06:28 PM

OH MY GOD... I ACTUALLY FOUND IT. I found Tomb Raider 3 - Toutes les musiques!!! I spent all day yesterday looking and now I have found it <3 It was only $28 too.