VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Oct 2, 2015, 07:42 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Ah, this is tricky...

The famous game Super Meat Boy is getting a release on PS4 & PS Vita, but it seems like they could not get the rights to use Danny Baranowsky music, so they had to re-score everything.

They hired Ridiculon for the soundtrack, and there are more artists too, like David "Scattle" Scatliffe (Hotline Miami) and Laura Shigihara (Plants vs. Zombies).
Old Oct 3, 2015, 04:14 AM

Honestly, I'm kind of concerned about this... Danny B's music is a large part of what defined Super Meat Boy, and I don't think the game will be the same with different music, even if it is really good. (Although I don't doubt that I'll be listening to this for weeks on end anyway)

I guess this is just my taste, but I hope that isn't the final cover art. The covers for Ridiculon's first releases (including the subscriber-only tracks) were all pretty polished up until the Afterbirth soundtrack.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzoneOne View Post
The covers for Ridiculon's first releases (including the subscriber-only tracks) were all pretty polished up until the Afterbirth soundtrack.
Binding of Isaac: Rebirth's cover looks like something from an Instagram feed, so I don't know if I'd agree with that entirely.

At the very least, it seems like the area that gets less attention from these guys is the artwork. Probably easier on them vs. waiting for someone else to finish a piece of art in time for release.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 11:41 AM

It just came out, and wow, it's amazing. I take back what I said earlier.

Last edited by OzoneOne; Oct 6, 2015 at 12:09 PM.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 05:55 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzoneOne View Post
I guess this is just my taste, but I hope that isn't the final cover art. The covers for Ridiculon's first releases (including the subscriber-only tracks) were all pretty polished up until the Afterbirth soundtrack.
Guess your hopes were filled, as Ridiculon did change the art for some reason, which is now uploaded and set as default. I guess the old one should be saved though.