VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 30, 2008, 10:18 AM
VGMdb Administrator

This is the most expensive CD ever made. No, really, it's printed on the back cover! This page confirms it!
It doesn't even have tax included...
Old Dec 10, 2009, 07:41 AM

Location: Heaven? No no, what's that other place that starts with H? Oh yes, home. :-)

This album better have the best music on earth to justify such a ridiculous price. Still, I wonder if anyone would be crazy enough to buy this.

One man was smart, he felt smart. Two men were smart, they smelt farrr...darn it! I'll never get it right.

What is "the box" that people are supposed to think outside of anyway? Hmm. Maybe it's similar to the Borg from Star Trek who dwelled as a collective hive-mind within a...box/cube. Those that deviated from this hive-mind would, in effect, be thinking outside of the box. it has both a figurative and a literal meaning.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 12:11 PM

Awesome! I think I'll just spring for the "Alice Sound Collection I ~ VI" though. It's such a better deal. X'D
Old Mar 22, 2014, 02:55 AM

Eum, so how much did this CD really cost?
100.000.000 ¥ must be a bad Joke.
And whats that Album worth today?
Old Mar 22, 2014, 10:05 AM

^ I think that CD was not for sale because it was a "User-only club Special CD", as mentioned on this page: http://www.suruga-ya.jp/database/120000857001.html
The price tag was just a joke for users of that club.

Also there was an Alice Sound Collection BOX release containing the first 3 Volumes (I,II,III) on 3 CDs with catalog numbers ALO-028A, ALO-028B, ALO-028C.
http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d145278018
http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k154859118
Tracklists are the same the separate releases of those CDs. The Box must've came out before Alice Sound Collection I ~ VI.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 03:12 AM

Going to make a change to it based on this info:
http://alicecottage1989.blog.jp/archives/26330567.html

Track 8 should be renamed to: アリスの館 (Alice's Hall)

The source states information about a misprint, this wasn't fixed in the box collection either. It also states that the user club magazine confirmed this was a mistake.
Have never heard that song in Rance. Will probably check a similarly named game to the track in a minute.

Edit:
Not found in the game I was thinking of either.
I'll wait and see if this edit gets accepted and then I'll change it in the boxset as well.

Last edited by Velt211; Jul 16, 2019 at 03:19 AM.
Old May 6, 2020, 06:08 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

The previously uploaded disc image was quite blurry, so I just uploaded a clearer picture. The old one can be deleted.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 08:09 AM

For anyone coveting this release, there's a listing up on MANDARAKE right now! https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/...0sound&lang=en
Desc. says that the case is a bit discolored, but allegedly the disc itself is in near-mint condition! Listed for 1200 JPY!