VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 13, 2010, 12:41 AM

Was there any difference on contents or packaging between this and the US soundtrack? (if not, this is not qualified as an entry).
Old Nov 13, 2010, 06:16 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

This is worth an entry since it's a Japanese release.
But i found two different packages (1 for xbox, 1 for ps2).
There's "予約特典CD" on the cover, so i think it was a Pre-Order bonus.

It's an exact reprint of the US version. (13 tracks, same track times)

Old Nov 13, 2010, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrkul View Post
This is worth an entry since it's a Japanese release.
Well, what I was told in the previous discussion was, even if the region was different, there should be at least a single letter physical difference on the packaging, so I just wondered if there was such. But yeah, thanks to your scans it's confirm there was.

(and now another question emerges... does each packaging released in the same region warrant its own entry? I read on another post that a drastic difference is needed, in that case)
Old Nov 13, 2010, 06:57 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Err.. i think i skipped that part.. and guidelines thread are not followed anyway, it's just brainstorming.. until stated otherwise.

Plus i am not agree with you, Blah said if a single letter in the package is different, it's worth an entry.
The package here is completely different.. (different cover, it have Pre-order bonus written on the front cover, it's a "picture-disc" while the us release is on a cardboard sleeve).. until he's not talking about the album package itself ?

I think we should always should make reprints if the soundtrack was released in different regions! (think about collections, the Japanese user will not add the US version to his collection.. and vice versa)

For your second question, i think only 1 entry per region is enough, we just should detail the different versions in the notes field, and scans (ex: tomb raider anniversary)
Old Nov 13, 2010, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrkul View Post
Plus i am not agree with you, Blah said if a single letter in the package is different, it's worth an entry.
Well, sorry if I misled you, but as the packaging turned out to be different (which was what I've wanted to know since my initial post), I think now we are basically in agreement that this release was worth an entry, especially since the difference in this case is obvious enough.

Quote:
For your second question, i think only 1 entry per region is enough, we just should detail the different versions in the notes field, and scans (ex: tomb raider anniversary)
I think maybe it should be judged on a case-by-case basis. I agree with what seanne and Blah said in this old thread.