VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 14, 2008, 12:59 PM

If I'm honest, I think I prefer it this way.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 03:36 PM
VGMdb Administrator

The album edits RSS feed no longer has the album catalog numbers in the item titles. Was that an intentional modification? It's better with the catalog numbers, I think.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 05:53 PM
VGMdb Administrator

It's fixed. The catalog numbers now only show for albums that actually have them, a previous mistake made them not show at all.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 01:13 AM
VGMdb Administrator

http://vgmdb.net/artist/2664

Go Oami has an alias entry as "GOZO53.," which has as an alias "GOZO53" (no period). On Oami's listing, both "GOZO53." and "GOZO53" show up as aliases for the album on which he's just credited as "GOZO53" (no period).

Same thing with Norihiro Furukawa's alias aliases. This is a really awkward bug to explain.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 02:21 PM

I was just browsing through the marketplace and tried to access the 2nd page for letters that had multiple pages there, but for some reason I keep getting directed to the 2nd page of the Wish List instead. It shows up for only letters A, B, D, F, G, M, R, S, and T.

http://vgmdb.net/db/marketplace.php?do=salebrowse
Old Dec 21, 2008, 05:58 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I'm not sure how nobody noticed that one before ... maybe we didn't have many letters that exceeded one page. Anyway, it's fixed.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 02:22 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Not quite a bug but I've noticed that the "time" field when editting tracklists has a maxlength of 512. Maybe it can cause problems (didn't test it though).
Old Dec 22, 2008, 02:34 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I'm not sure what would happen if someone entered a 512 digit track time, so I dropped it to 16 to be safe.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 08:13 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanne View Post
It would be useful it CD-V could be added as a media type now that Carl and Revoc have added a few entries using that system.
Somehow I missed this.

Anyway, I added CD Video as a media type. Note that media is the hybrid analog digital CD-V format, and not the purely digital VCD (which probably should count as a normal CD.)

EDIT

Also, some new changes:
  • Organization edits are now logged (basic informational ones, not the relationship table)
  • Organization edit history pages created (will be tested more as the pages get edited)
  • Standard edit information panel added to bottom of org pages
  • Viewcount logging added to org pages

EDIT

Finally, I added a little icon that shows up when changes are pending on a linked field (i.e. the artist fields.)
Old Jan 22, 2009, 12:46 PM

Deleting a relationship on the organization edit page does not seem to be implemented. I goofed and set Angelic Quasar to the successor of Rolling Contact (its the reverse) but couldn't fix it.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 02:57 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I'm not sure what the specific interface plans are for that, so I just went into the SQL and swapped the relationship between AQ and RC.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 09:01 PM

I'm an ignorant jerk who doesn't read things other people have posted, so maybe somebody has already talked about this and I haven't seen it...

Is there any way to update the webpage listed for a composer?
I was checking out Norihiro Furukawa:
http://vgmdb.net/artist/715

And I noticed his website was no longer at that location. I did a quick Google search and turned up this site, which I'm pretty sure is his:
http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/nakay.../HomePage_neo/

However, when I click "edit artist", there doesn't seem to be an option for changing the or submitting a note that the site entry is wrong. Am I being my usual twit self and missing some kind of protocol for this, or is this a current limitation of the setup?
Old Jan 26, 2009, 04:54 AM
VGMdb Administrator

You're not crazy. The website-link isn't publicly submittable yet, so only staff can do it. I was planning on setting up a moderation queue so that it can be opened up. Maybe I should make that a higher priority.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 11:47 AM

Not sure if this has been reported, but doing a search for something with "-" in it results in the error:
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/vgmdb/public_html/db/albums-search.php on line 257
Old Feb 27, 2009, 12:00 PM
VGMdb Administrator

What string where you searching on? I don't think it's necessarily the dash that's causing the error, because I can search for C-Clays on the publisher field.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
What string where you searching on? I don't think it's necessarily the dash that's causing the error, because I can search for C-Clays on the publisher field.
Ironically I was searching for their album KAN-NAGI. Looking a little closer, it does not happen in advanced search at all but only when using the search bar that's at the top of other pages.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 03:50 PM
VGMdb Administrator

It's odd, because I can search for "KAN-NAGI" and the result comes up fine. Maybe we were under excessive server load at the time you issued the search.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
It's odd, because I can search for "KAN-NAGI" and the result comes up fine. Maybe we were under excessive server load at the time you issued the search.
Hmm, it is working. I feel like an idiot, it seems that the error occurs only when the search query begins with "-". When it's between other characters or at the end of the string it works fine. This of course doesn't explain why "KAN-NAGI" would result in the error, but perhaps I'm just mistaken about that.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 08:17 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Maybe you inadvertently inserted a space between "KAN" and "-NAGI". Adding a minus sign before any search term excludes it from the results. Unfortunately this is also extremely query intensive. I'll remove exclusion from the quick search, thanks for the catch.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 04:12 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Forgot to mention this, but I fixed a bug where the scan uploader will refuse images with a file extension containing uppercase characters.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigablah View Post
Maybe you inadvertently inserted a space between "KAN" and "-NAGI". Adding a minus sign before any search term excludes it from the results. Unfortunately this is also extremely query intensive. I'll remove exclusion from the quick search, thanks for the catch.
The error seems to stem from quick searching with only an exclusion. The queries "xxx -yyy" and "-xxx yyy" both work whereas "-xxx" results in the error.
Old Mar 6, 2009, 05:27 PM
VGMdb Administrator

A few updates:

- Staff can now link artists to organizations from the artist edit page. This will show up on the artist profile. If you specify the part date, it will be listed under "Former Organizations".
- Website deletion for albums has been fixed.
- Organization pages now enforce the /org/### URL format.
- "Retail" type for websites has been changed to "Commercial".

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
http://vgmdb.net/artist/2664

Go Oami has an alias entry as "GOZO53.," which has as an alias "GOZO53" (no period). On Oami's listing, both "GOZO53." and "GOZO53" show up as aliases for the album on which he's just credited as "GOZO53" (no period).

Same thing with Norihiro Furukawa's alias aliases. This is a really awkward bug to explain.
This has been fixed!
Old Mar 13, 2009, 09:49 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Some minor updates:

- Staff can now modify and delete relationships between organizations
- Like deceased artists, units will now indicate the date they were dissolved, where applicable
Old Mar 13, 2009, 11:43 AM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

What exactly is the procedure for assigning artists to organizations? This is tricky because, for example, Yoko Shimomura was employed by Squaresoft, but the Square-related organizations listed here are publishers, correct? Also, should freelance artists even be assigned to organizations they once performed work for?
Old Mar 13, 2009, 12:00 PM
VGMdb Administrator

You can do that. Square is in the database so you should link Yoko Shimomura to that. Then you specify 2002 in the year parted field, so Square will show up under her profile as a former organization.
Old Mar 23, 2009, 12:06 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Some slight tweaks:

- The AJAX quicksearch is now delayed for 5 seconds if the enter key is pressed. This is to prevent the search query from being triggered twice.
- AJAX quicksearch no longer allows exclusion (a minus sign before the search term). It still works in advanced search.
- Release date column is now shown for all album search results.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 01:56 AM
VGMdb Administrator

User collection trees are now expanded by default. I realized how annoying auto-collapse was for the first time today.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 02:23 AM
VGMdb Administrator

- Owners of organizations now have crown icons beside the organization name on their artist page to indicate this.
- Cursor no longer snaps to the quicksearch box upon loading album pages, since this breaks default (and expected) behaviour such as keyboard navigation.
- Thumbnails for albums are now available from the URL format http://vgmdb.condign.org/cover/12345.jpg (replace 12345 with the album ID). Anyone is free to hotlink from there.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 04:50 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Hmm, it seems the "Digital Release" option is no longer listed in the Release Type drop down choices. Has there been a change in how to mark Digital Albums in a different way now?
Old Apr 1, 2009, 09:13 AM
VGMdb Administrator

"Digital Release" is in Media, not Release Type. I suppose to avoid confusion we should change it to just "Digital".
Closed Thread