VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 6, 2010, 07:33 AM

Not sure if this has been addressed (I admit I'm lazy to go back and check), but when viewing the "Ratings" page all links are as follow:

Code:
http://vgmdb.net/album/0
All album IDs = 0. I don't know if it's intentional or not, but just wanted to comment on it. Hopefully it isn't intentional, 'cause I tend to revisit each album for re-rating (I tend to give "pre-ratings" and return for a full rating after listening to the whole album).
Old Jan 6, 2010, 07:52 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Oops, I know exactly what that is, but won't be able to fix it until I get home.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 07:57 AM

Got it!

Thanks for the speedy reply.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 12:03 PM
VGMdb Administrator

It's okay, I fixed it.

I also implemented the ability to change all your own ratings directly on that page.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 12:26 PM

Now that is handy!

Thanks much, Giga; it'll certainly save me some clicks. =P
Old Jan 6, 2010, 07:11 PM

Not sure if this is intentional or not but if the catalog field is left blank the "N/A" is not added by default.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 11:11 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Yeah, eventually I plan to purge "N/A" from the database. Filling that in doesn't really serve a purpose, technically speaking.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 06:47 PM

Clicking 'DEL' at Recently Updated Scans page previously took us to the album that had the deleted scan, but now takes us to the album that has the scan added after the deletion.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 12:31 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I don't know if it should be considered a bug; but when you want to close/open your folders inside your collection, you have to click twice (at least in Firefox version 3.5.7). I often "accidentally" double-click on the folders because of this, and when I do, it almost always adds a markup on the folder's name (not really a "problem" but I'm just mentioning...).

Edit: Note though, that this "bug" only occurs once per folder. If you go to your collection and click on a folder named "Example" it won't close on one click, but on the second click it does, after that you can close/open it by one click - but once you've left "My collection" and return, it takes two clicks to open/close the folder "Example" on the first try again.

Last edited by Nisto; Jan 12, 2010 at 12:43 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 07:51 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I tried this out in Firefox on a collection and experienced the same behavior. It's probably always done that, though I never noticed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedille View Post
Clicking 'DEL' at Recently Updated Scans page previously took us to the album that had the deleted scan, but now takes us to the album that has the scan added after the deletion.
I never knew anyone clicked on those. Anyway, I've fixed this bug. Let us know if you notice any other oddities in the recent updates.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 08:17 PM

The automatic change of a discussion thread title doesn't work at this moment, as seen in this thread.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 10:39 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Discussion thread title synchronization is now restored!
Old Jan 14, 2010, 11:15 AM

Thanks! But this thread still remains the old display title so I will change it once again.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 11:21 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I'll just rename that thread manually.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 08:50 PM
VGMdb Administrator

jQuery has been upgraded to 1.4, please post here if any of the javascript code breaks.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 07:45 AM

Not sure if it's called a bug, but it appears the links to My submission pages that were implemented in each username on the right column are now removed (it was very useful to track scans updates).
Old Jan 24, 2010, 08:39 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Oops, fixed it.

I've also added "View User's Submissions" to the dropdown menu on each forum post (when you click on the username).
Old Jan 24, 2010, 12:17 PM

Thanks, but I've noticed a couple more things about the new submission form...

When we submit the price values separated by commas, the new submission form seems to wrongly interpret it (1,000 yen -> 1 yen), but sorry in advance if I'm only the member who ever adds a comma. It also seemingly cuts an artist name halfway, when we try to assign artists whose names include quotation marks or such (Hitoshi "YmoH.S" Sakimoto -> Hitoshi).
Old Jan 24, 2010, 10:59 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Both bugs should be fixed now.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 04:30 AM

I couldn't assign the last two artists of this album for the life of me, and I guess the current artist field has an upper limit on the number of characters or bytes we can add, right? (or, as some Bemani albums might have even more artists, I just could have done something silly...).
Old Jan 26, 2010, 04:42 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
I couldn't assign the last two artists of this album for the life of me, and I guess the current artist field has an upper limit on the number of characters or bytes we can add, right? (or, as some Bemani albums might have even more artists, I just could have done something silly...).
The same happened with Lost Odyssey OST. To solve this, I manually added new artists in the "Link a New Artist" field, in the top of Manage Artists page.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 05:17 AM

Thanks, I linked them up. I think I couldn't add artists before assigning them, to begin with. If the byte limitation causes this issue, I guess we may need to raise the number to handle a monster like this...
Old Jan 26, 2010, 12:06 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I don't know if someone else noticed this, but in collections the tabs doesn't connect with the rest of the contents.

Old Jan 26, 2010, 03:46 PM

Quicksearch dropdown stuff:
Any text enclosed in <> in a result will be hidden
Code:
<li class="ac_even ac_over">
<span style="float: right; margin-left: 10px;" class="tinyfont label">
Album #17744</span>MURCD-004: BOSS ON PARADE <out-side> REMIXES</out-side>
</li>
Funny how it closes it. Make sure &lt; and &gt; is used?
Escape sequences also offer their own little problem with quicksearch because you can actually search for them. Try something like "&amp;" and see. The escape sequence is also copied to the search field (as opposed to the character.) This behavior doesn't really do any harm, it just look bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisto View Post
I don't know if someone else noticed this, but in collections the tabs doesn't connect with the rest of the contents.
I'm not really in much of a position to comment on the matter, but I couldn't replicate this on Firefox, IE, Opera, or Chrome. What browser are you using?

Last edited by Ira; Jan 26, 2010 at 03:52 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 03:58 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
I guess 1024 characters isn't quite enough for some albums, so I've doubled the size of those fields. I think that'll fix the problem you had.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 06:24 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRA View Post
Code:
</li>
This bug is fixed now!

Quote:
Escape sequences also offer their own little problem with quicksearch because you can actually search for them. Try something like "&amp;" and see. The escape sequence is also copied to the search field (as opposed to the character.) This behavior doesn't really do any harm, it just look bad.
The correct behavior would be to return 0 matches for every tab, but I have yet to update the artist / organization submission forms (and the text in the database). I'd prefer not to convert escape sequences to characters, in case there really turns out to be a title which literally contains "&amp;".
Old Jan 26, 2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigablah View Post
I'd prefer not to convert escape sequences to characters, in case there really turns out to be a title which literally contains "&amp;".
Aha, very true.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 08:32 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Code:
</li>

I'm not really in much of a position to comment on the matter, but I couldn't replicate this on Firefox, IE, Opera, or Chrome. What browser are you using?
Firefox 3.5.7 (dammit, I was telling myself to write that in the post yesterday)

Edit: Ctrl + F5 seems to have solved the problem. I really haven't cleaned out the browser or any other stuff on my computer for months now, I guess it's time. Feels like that could be why so many bugs has been appearing lately.

Edit 2: Lol, nope. It still looks like it did before, when I click on a collection after a refresh, guess CTRL + F5 just solved it temporarily.

Last edited by Nisto; Jan 26, 2010 at 08:45 PM.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigablah View Post
I'd prefer not to convert escape sequences to characters, in case there really turns out to be a title which literally contains "&amp;".
Such a case would then be escaped to "&amp;amp;" which is still different...
Old Jan 27, 2010, 08:31 AM
VGMdb Administrator

We stopped escaping those characters in the album tables. The artist and organization tables need to be updated as well, but not before I update the submission interfaces.
Closed Thread