VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 1, 2015, 04:49 AM

Default Japanese Drama + Other Japanese CDs

Hello, I'm new here (well, to at least posting), but I was trying to add an album that I think may have needed adding.

So, in an attempt to add the Marks no Yama Original Soundtrack, my submission was rejected.

Now I completely understand the reason for this rejection, being "Not game/anime related", but what I don't understand is why there are other Drama CDs on this that have nothing to do with games or Manga, such as The "Mare" Original Soundtrack, or Hiroyuki Sawano's NHK Works of all things.

I understand they are both composed by Hiroyuki Sawano, but as far as I'm aware they are not Anime or Game related.

If they are only here because they are composed by Hiroyuki Sawano, then why am I not allowed to add the Marks no Yama Original Soundtrack? I mean, it IS composed by Hiroyuki Sawano.

Sorry if this causes confusion or anything, but I'm new here, although I have read a few things about adding CDs and Tracks, but if I am misunderstanding something, please let me know!
Old Sep 1, 2015, 05:00 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I was sending you a PM as a followup to the reject as we can't really put many details in the message, might as well post it here:

Drama and Live Action albums are generally not allowed here unless the franchise of the product is a game/anime one.

We make some exceptions for prolific composers in the fields we cover, but I don't really think Sawano is one of them, or at least not yet. Most of his works are still in the drama and movie field.
For some examples of solid anime composers see Yuki Kajiura, Shiro Sagisu or Yoko Kanno.

That being said, we don't reject an album or two if the info provided is complete, as you can see in the Mare soundtrack, Platina Data, or the NHK Works album you linked.

See this thread for some more discussion on the matter, although keep in mind that in that case we were talking about a composer who has many more works in the anime field than Sawano, and about a very complete entry: http://vgmdb.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14734 (in particular this post)

Last edited by Illidan; Sep 1, 2015 at 05:35 AM.