VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Dec 3, 2010, 04:41 PM

Default Bootleg Watch: Several Albums

Hey, everyone.

While I'm no stranger to bootlegs albums being sold on Ebay, there are certainly a large amount of CD bootlegs with the MICA-, GM-, KO-, ALCA- and A8- labels I've noticed being sold by animengamemusic, including ones that may not already be in the database.

Checking the feedback of animengamemusic seems to confirm suspicions as well.

I also have a few bootlegs in my own collection already that I never realized until a few years ago, but I've managed to find their official counterparts overtime. I've still kept the bootlegs, though, as I intend to enter those when I can, later.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 11:33 PM

Location: Heaven? No no, what's that other place that starts with H? Oh yes, home. :-)

I think there are many here that already know about this particular company and their sales of bootlegs on eBay; there was a discussion about bootlegs a little while back.

One man was smart, he felt smart. Two men were smart, they smelt farrr...darn it! I'll never get it right.

What is "the box" that people are supposed to think outside of anyway? Hmm. Maybe it's similar to the Borg from Star Trek who dwelled as a collective hive-mind within a...box/cube. Those that deviated from this hive-mind would, in effect, be thinking outside of the box. it has both a figurative and a literal meaning.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 11:55 PM

KeyLogic, I'm glad that the level of awareness is exceptionally high, here. I've kept silent about the occasional sellers with one or two bootleg listings offered, but this is just something I'm not used to seeing en masse. Unless I missed it, is there a dedicated thread devoted to listing confirmed bootleg vendors to avoid in Ebay, and other potential online stores, already?

I'm aware of Chudah's Corner info on bootlegs, and it's helpful blacklist of known bootleggers; it was pretty much my introductory to the whole illegitimate business thereof, but it may be fairly outdated by now considering the amount of time that's passed since Chudah's Corner went on an indefinite hiatus.

Last edited by Mario Kinnikuman; Dec 5, 2010 at 12:08 AM.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 12:04 AM

Location: Heaven? No no, what's that other place that starts with H? Oh yes, home. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Kinnikuman View Post
Unless I missed it, is there a dedicated thread devoted to listing confirmed bootleg vendors to avoid in Ebay, and other potential online stores, already?
Try this thread: VGMDB's A Beginner's Guide to Buying VGM

One man was smart, he felt smart. Two men were smart, they smelt farrr...darn it! I'll never get it right.

What is "the box" that people are supposed to think outside of anyway? Hmm. Maybe it's similar to the Borg from Star Trek who dwelled as a collective hive-mind within a...box/cube. Those that deviated from this hive-mind would, in effect, be thinking outside of the box. it has both a figurative and a literal meaning.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 12:29 AM

Thanks. Answered practically most concerns I've had about, not only bootlegs, but other topics as well. Sadly, since you mentioned animengamemusic a while back, it doesn't seem that they're going anywhere for a while, still.

Last edited by Mario Kinnikuman; Dec 5, 2010 at 12:37 AM.

Tags
bootleg, ebay