VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 22, 2021, 05:50 AM

I know physical copies of the game go on sale October 1st, but I can't be the only one that wants a physical of this OST, can I?
Old Sep 27, 2021, 06:51 PM

https://www.facebook.com/LimitedRunG...57128217680820

https://www.facebook.com/LimitedRunG...57128484347460

Can't say I'm pleased I have to shell out $175 to get the OSTs on CD (with one being somewhat redundant), but I can't resist this one.

Wonder if the Axiom Verge 1 LP is just a repress of the original. Would really like "Without Place" on an LP.

Happy to see Axiom Verge 2 OST being two LPs.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 06:54 PM
Trusted Editor

If it's anything like other LRG releases, people will be selling the individual parts of the limited editions on eBay soon after it releases.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad King View Post
If it's anything like other LRG releases, people will be selling the individual parts of the limited editions on eBay soon after it releases.
Yeah, that's true; but I guess I should have mentioned that I also want a copy of the double pack of the game anyways - even though I didn't think Axiom Verge 2 was flawless. I liked it, but there was something that kept me from thinking it was good as the original.

I still think the OST was the strongest part of the game tho.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad King View Post
I for one wouldn't trust anything LRG does with CDs after they screwed up all three Shantae releases with transcodes.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraEpon View Post
I for one wouldn't trust anything LRG does with CDs after they screwed up all three Shantae releases with transcodes.
Not saying this isn't something to be worried about, but I would think at the least that the Axiom Verge 1 CD/LP would be void of that. I think the soundtracks for the first game are essentially just reproductions of discs/vinyl that already exist.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 12:42 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Evans II View Post
Wonder if the Axiom Verge 1 LP is just a repress of the original. Would really like "Without Place" on an LP.
They uploaded the tracklist to their website and it is indeed identical to the original vinyl pressing. A bit sad that they didn't go for a 2LP since it's over a third of the soundtrack missing.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpbtz View Post
They uploaded the tracklist to their website and it is indeed identical to the original vinyl pressing. A bit sad that they didn't go for a 2LP since it's over a third of the soundtrack missing.
About this. Prior to playing the game I was okay with the vinyl not having all the tracks. I recently played the game and now, with the added context, yeah, I do want all the tracks to be there.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 06:42 PM

Silly question. The info sheet for the Axiom Verge 1&2 double pack says "Axiom Verge 2 Soundtrack CD." Um, the entire DL for the soundtrack exceeds 80 minutes, doesn't it? Can that fit on a CD without using one of those longer playing CDs? I was assuming that Axiom Verge 2 soundtrack would be split between two CDs at the least.

Will this end up becoming multi discs like the Fight'n Rage Original Soundtrack?
Old Sep 30, 2021, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Silly question. The info sheet for the Axiom Verge 1&2 double pack says "Axiom Verge 2 Soundtrack CD." Um, the entire DL for the soundtrack exceeds 80 minutes, doesn't it? Can that fit on a CD without using one of those longer playing CDs? I was assuming that Axiom Verge 2 soundtrack would be split between two CDs at the least.

Will this end up becoming multi discs like the Fight'n Rage Original Soundtrack?
About this, I was thinking they'd probably abandon the two bonus tracks not in the game like they seem to have on the LP release. I'd actually be okay with that (I may be alone when it comes to that) but that still wouldn't get it below 80 minutes.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 04:09 AM

Quote:
I'd actually be okay with that (I may be alone when it comes to that) but that still wouldn't get it below 80 minutes.
I don't understand why the myth of 80 minutes being the maximum for CDs has persisted when it hasnt been true for over 20 years.

It would easily fit on a CD without the two bonus tracks.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 10:37 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
About this. Prior to playing the game I was okay with the vinyl not having all the tracks. I recently played the game and now, with the added context, yeah, I do want all the tracks to be there.
Now they changed the tracklist and Without Place is included in this. Odd that they couldn't get this right the first time around, but guess it's worth getting now even if you have the original press.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpbtz View Post
Now they changed the tracklist and Without Place is included in this. Odd that they couldn't get this right the first time around, but guess it's worth getting now even if you have the original press.
Wow. Okay, I was just going to buy it because of the cover art, but it's nice to know I won't have a complete redundancy now. I was actually listening to my copy of the original LP last night.

Edit:

Eh, I kind of wish they didn't include "Trace Rising" tho. It's not a bad track but I think it can be a little grating. "Apocalypse" is the better boss theme IMO.

Last edited by Brad Evans II; Oct 1, 2021 at 06:24 PM.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraEpon View Post
I don't understand why the myth of 80 minutes being the maximum for CDs has persisted when it hasnt been true for over 20 years.

It would easily fit on a CD without the two bonus tracks.
About this, I know it's pointless to answer now, but yeah, I'm aware certain CDs can hold more. I mean I knew this ever since I tried to clone this with a burner when I was a kid:

https://vgmdb.net/album/53

Also, Nightwish's 2015 album Endless Forms Most Beautiful exceeds what a normal CD can hold.

I was just wondering if they were going to bother using a bigger CD to allow the two bonus tracks to appear or not. We'll know in a few days.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 03:25 PM

Quote:
I was just wondering if they were going to bother using a bigger CD to allow the two bonus tracks to appear or not. We'll know in a few days.
They did something I didn't expect. The soundtrack is two CDs instead of one.