VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 12, 2010, 07:48 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I've added the performers according to the credits in the scans, but I have some observations:

1. The composition is credited to Konami Kukeiha Club on the album, but I believe that all names that are in the field composers are listed in the booklet (page 12). However, I didn't confirm all the names.

2. Is Miss. KUMI an alias of Kumiko Nishihara? She is also credited as Winbee in this album.

3. Is really Akezo Ankeina the correct romanization for "安慶名あけぞー"? This is perhaps the only album where that name appears. I suspect that is the alias of Nobuyuki Akena.

4. Strangely, the booklet provides different credits of arrangement (page 2) and sound produce and "arragement" (page 14). In the first, Akezo Ankeina appears as arranger of track 4 and the second as arranger of the track 3 (I believe it's a mistake here).

Edit: I've removed the "vocal" classification, since the album has just one only song with lyrics.

Last edited by Revoc; Jan 12, 2010 at 09:45 AM.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 03:16 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revoc View Post
1. The composition is credited to Konami Kukeiha Club on the album, but I believe that all names that are in the field composers are listed in the booklet (page 12). However, I didn't confirm all the names.
The game's credits follow the credits in that booklet scan extremely closely. The game credits these folks with "Sound-Design":

Kazuhiko Uehara
Ika Chan
Keroppy! Inoue
Tomoya Tomita
Nobuyuki Akena
Masae Nakashima
Saiko Miki

And these three are in "Special-Thanks":

Chiru-Chiru Yamane
Vap Uekou
Sonosuji Morimoto

The people in that scan are:

Piston Uehara (Kazuhiko Uehara)
IKA-chan (Masahiro Ikariko)
Keroppy! Inoue (?)
Tomii/Tomy (Tomoya Tomita)
Akezou/Akezo Akena (Nobuyuki Akena)
Saikoro Tsumiki (Saiko Miki)
Ken² Nakashima (Masae Nakashima)
VAP Ueko (Harumi Ueko)
Sonosuji Morimoto (Yukie Morimoto)
Chiru-Chiru Yamane (Michiru Yamane)

The blurbs next to the names might give more info about their roles. For example, it looks like Keroppy! Inoue's says he just did programming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revoc View Post
3. Is really Akezo Ankeina the correct romanization for "安慶名あけぞー"? This is perhaps the only album where that name appears. I suspect that is the alias of Nobuyuki Akena.
安慶名 is readable as "Akena" and is in fact how Nobuyuki Akena writes his last name, so I think that should be "Akezou Akena" as above (あけなアケゾー).
Old Jan 12, 2010, 06:55 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Thanks a bunch for credits, CHz! If Nobuyuki Akena worked in the game, so Akezou Akena can only be him.

But I'm still in doubt who are the composers, since the game credits don't specify. Maybe just reading the liner notes as you said. According to GMCL, Yukie Morimoto composed for Pop'n Twinbee, but apparently Harumi Ueko and Michiru Yamane didn't composed for this game. I don't know if is better for now just credits as Konami Kukeiha Club until we have confirmation.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 07:08 AM

Quote:
The blurbs next to the names might give more info about their roles. For example, it looks like Keroppy! Inoue's says he just did programming.
Yeah, it must be Takayuki Inoue; he is a programmer, so I guess he worked on the sound engine.

I've always wanted to be able to narrow down who did the music for this game, because it is postively pshhsawesome. We need more Japanese readers aaaaaa
Old Jan 13, 2010, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
The blurbs next to the names might give more info about their roles. For example, it looks like Keroppy! Inoue's says he just did programming
Care to translate them? Next to Yamane I read "Konami" and "Melody Maker" (yeah, kana is as far as I can go)
Old Jan 13, 2010, 06:05 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz Lunar View Post
Yeah, it must be Takayuki Inoue; he is a programmer, so I guess he worked on the sound engine.
I did a little searching of my own, and found a Hideto Inoue, who did sound work on a couple other SNES Konami games, and even has a sound programming credit on Rocket Knight Adventures. Never heard of either of these guys before today, so I have no idea if one is more likely than the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gambler View Post
Care to translate them? Next to Yamane I read "Konami" and "Melody Maker" (yeah, kana is as far as I can go)
I'm pretty much in the same boat you are, all I can tell you is what a dictionary tells me.

Here's a little bit of what they say:

Kazuhiko Uehara: music, sound effects
Masahiro Ikariko: music
Keroppy Inoue: program
Tomoya Tomita: music, the boss BGM is mentioned explicitly so he may have done one or more of those
Nobuyuki Akena: music (it also says he's a newcomer, it looks like this was his first work)
Saiko Miki: music (newcomer)
Masae Nakashima: music, speech (I don't know if this means she was the voice, or just recorded/programmed them in or what)
Harumi Ueko: music
Yukie Morimoto: music
Michiru Yamane: music
Old Jan 13, 2010, 06:39 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Perfect! I've linked the composers.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 01:01 AM

Quote:
I did a little searching of my own, and found a Hideto Inoue, who did sound work on a couple other SNES Konami games, and even has a sound programming credit on Rocket Knight Adventures. Never heard of either of these guys before today, so I have no idea if one is more likely than the other.
well that's a bother. seems like it's more likely to be H. Inoue then. T.Inoue's work history is mostly Capcom, and as you've pointed out, Hideto has had sound roles.

so they were all composers? how frustrating. haha. here's hoping for clarifications on what they all did. i didn't think VAP even did any music for this game either. this is so confusing. *stabs Konami*