VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 27, 2019, 10:01 AM
Trusted Editor

Default SRIN-1162: ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK

Well, that took them quite a while!

I'm a bit surprised that it's just Kobayashi here. Have been listening to the (untagged) gamerip for a while, and some of the tracks don't sound like him at all.

Anyway, not complaining, not at all. Nice to see him doing such a big project solo.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidAcid View Post
Well, that took them quite a while!

I'm a bit surprised that it's just Kobayashi here. Have been listening to the (untagged) gamerip for a while, and some of the tracks don't sound like him at all.

Anyway, not complaining, not at all. Nice to see him doing such a big project solo.
I don't think it is just him however. The composer field says "coming soon" and there is the message that says "* Work made by employee of BNSI in the course of his duties, under the name of BNSI." which would suggest part of the BNSI sound team contributed, as Kobayashi is freelance. If it was just him, I figure it would be stated already.

https://youtu.be/MpuXLfpg41o?t=623 Credits show that Mitsuhiro Kitadani, Hiroshi Okubo, Ryo Watanabe, Junichi Nakatsuru, and Tetsukazu Nakanishi were involved from the BNSI side.

Last edited by Don; Jul 27, 2019 at 10:11 AM.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 10:12 AM
VGMdb Staff

I checked the game credits again and there are BNSI composers listed in a different part: Mitsuhiro Kitadani, Hiroshi Okubo, Junichi Nakatsuru, Tetsukazu Nakanishi, Ryo Watanabe

Kobayashi seems to be the lead composer though.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 12:28 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Just for 100% confirmation that the other people did compose too, Bamco did a livestream a while back and provided some composer credits for everyone: https://twitter.com/Task_Force23/sta...04455836573697
Old Sep 7, 2019, 07:36 AM
Trusted Editor

I've checked CDJ regularly in the last months, but until now the release has yet to show up there. Does someone know if SuperSweep releases stay exclusive to their shop for some time?

My last SuperSweep album was Vanishment Day, and I'm pretty sure I got it through CDJ and that it shipped on the release day...
Old Sep 8, 2019, 06:19 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidAcid View Post
I've checked CDJ regularly in the last months, but until now the release has yet to show up there. Does someone know if SuperSweep releases stay exclusive to their shop for some time?

My last SuperSweep album was Vanishment Day, and I'm pretty sure I got it through CDJ and that it shipped on the release day...
SuperSweep usually sells and releases their albums early via their site and then a few weeks later it goes available widely. Even Amazon.co.jp doesn't have it posted but it should. Just keep checking.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 09:14 AM
Trusted Editor

Thanks dancey. I'll keep checking then.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 12:57 PM
Trusted Editor

This is available now on CDJ (http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/SRIN-1162) and Amazon (https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B081DS329M/).
Old Dec 22, 2021, 03:55 PM
Trusted Editor

Most of the other multiplayer mode tracks on disc 5 are from previous Ace Combat games but I can't find out where 5.03 "Roca Roja" is from. Is that one an original track?
Old Dec 22, 2021, 04:20 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Roca Roja is original to AC7, I'm pretty sure it's the only multiplayer stage theme that is