VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Feb 22, 2018, 12:49 PM

I apologize if there's a better thread for this information; I thought it wouldn't fit in the Samples used in anime/game music thread, and couldn't think of a better idea than to just start a new thread.

There was a lot of gear I noticed from Megumi Ohara's studio as shown on HAL Laboratories' website, so I decided to take a stab at identifying them here.

To summarize:
She uses Logic Pro, and the Roland Fantom XR and Yamaha Motif Rack ES sound modules, given to her by one of her "supervisors", presumably Ikegami, Ando or possibly Sakai.
Her audio equipment is nothing particularly special, Yamaha NS-10 monitors mounted to the walls and Sony MDR-V6 headphones. She seems to use a Roland Quad-Capture for her audio interface.
Her digital piano is the Yamaha NP-30; I thought it might be a NP-32 instead, but this image clearly shows a volume slider like that on the NP-30, instead of the NP-32's volume knob.
I can't recognize the monitors on her desk (although they appear to be another Yamaha to me), or the microphone and stand. She says she would like a Neumann U67, but I can't confirm that her current one is a Neumann as well.

Perhaps this isn't too groundbreaking information, but I figured it's probably best to archive it here nonetheless.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 05:32 PM
VGMdb Administrator

This kind of info is totally fine to post in artist discussion threads, for future reference.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can of Nothing View Post
one of her "supervisors", presumably Ikegami, Ando or possibly Sakai.
I don't really know too much about sound equipments, but based on her game credits (Picross 3D: Round 2, Rainbow Curse, Battle Royale) she seems to be mostly working under/with Shogo Sakai. Ando and Ishikawa are definetely holding their own by themselves with much of the later main Kirby / Boxboy titles, so it would seem like Sakai and Ohara are working on much of the "side" projects.

As for Ikegami, he seems to have moved on from music / sound design, but maybe he is still there providing management or support? He hasn't really been credited on active roles since Epic Yarn, but even then he already said that he wasn't much involved in sound.

Either way, as small as the HAL sound team is, it's nice to see some fresh blood like Ohara (I guess the old bunch won't be there forever after all).
Old Aug 16, 2022, 06:44 PM

Megumi Ohara, who has not been seen for a while, returned in Kirby's Dream Buffet as part of the sound staff.