VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 9, 2018, 11:02 PM

I'm so happy that this project was successful! I helped as well. Only 9 days left for the next stretch goal, so please support it, if you like the music!!

Edit (09/12) : only $2,000 missing for the next goal and a full album, so please support the project and spread the news! Only 7 days left.

Edit (09/18): we passed the strech goal and will get a full album, but there's even more for $40,000. Currently, we're at $32,090 and 35 hours left. Tension

Last edited by Mac_Tear; Sep 18, 2018 at 08:12 AM.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 11:13 PM

Excellent news!

I think admin can close my duplicate thread ^_^;
Old Mar 27, 2019, 10:39 AM

"The following is the list of the pieces we have recorded. The order of the pieces is just alphabetical, and as we have mentioned in the previous update, the total playing time is about 70min. We had incredibly difficult time choosing the repertoires.
As you can see, we couldn't feature any music of “cities,” some lighter music from mini-games and subplots etc. Ultimately, we have selected these based on 1) the result of surveys, 2) significance in the story, and 3) requests from the related parties.
We apologies if your favorite pieces are not included. We do hope we have opportunities to feature other pieces in the future." (VGM Classics)

A Bustling Town/賑わいの街
Adventurous Journey /冒険の旅
Battlefield Without Light /光のない戦場
Beautiful Morning
Bygone Days /過ぎた日々
Chant /約束の地 
Distant Star /彼方の星
Drive into a Corner /追いつめる
Even Farther /もっと遠くへ
Fugue "Praise to My Master" /フーガ「我があるじを讃えよ」
Gothic Neclord
Opening / オープニング
Passion Sets History in Motion / La passione commuove la storia
Relaxation One & Two /なごみBGM1と2
Reminiscence (String ver) /回想~ストリングス~
Reminiscence /回想
Requiem of Sadness /悲しみのレクイエム
Silver Wolf /銀狼
Tactics /戦略
The Desire to Triumph /勝利への意欲
Theme of a Moonlit Night /月夜のテーマ
Victory /勝利
When Will We Meet Again /我らは常にいつならん
Old Mar 29, 2019, 12:50 PM

Wow! Thanks for the insight! So glad I backed this.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 12:25 AM

A new preview from the recording sessions appeared today - "Silver Wolf", the game's final battle music.

Silver Wolf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouq1NvXbhvo

Previous samples already on YouTube, but in case you've missed them.

Theme of a Moonlit Night
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF2sci245kA

Opening
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA6qb9HOE4Y

I think it's sounds superb and I'm really excited about the album, which will be delayed til May btw. Just the idea of hearing "Drive into a Corner" and "Battlefield Without Light" by live orchestra gives me thrills!

Last edited by Mac_Tear; Apr 14, 2019 at 12:34 AM.
Old May 27, 2019, 05:30 PM
VGMdb Staff

Physical album shipped from Japan today. Digital album available now for anyone who didn't go physical.

Overall, pretty good for their first Kickstarter. 8 months from funding to shipment. Hope to hear news about their next project soon.
Old May 27, 2019, 11:03 PM

Just listening to my digital copy - it's simply marvelous and absolutely beautiful! I'm really so glad I was one of those people who made this project come to life and I'm so proud and thankful to all of those people, who worked so hard to make this!
Kentaro Sato, the Budapest Symphony Orchestra, a big thank you! I bet Mrs. Higashino would be so proud hearing her legendary work on this new level.

It's just like a film score; it flows smooth to the end with soft and energetic passages in between, thanks to the beautiful and careful track selection and listing.
Like nextday said, pretty awesome for their first Kickstarter project! I hope to hear more from them in the future
Old May 28, 2019, 09:05 AM

This has made my day, so happy to have backed this and have received it so quickly.

Desire for Triumph has pretty much been on repeat for most of my listens so far.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 07:43 AM

Added iTunes link.

"The streaming should start eventually at the major streaming site!" (VGM Classics)
Old Jun 29, 2019, 08:12 AM
Trusted Editor

Can anyone tell what was included in the "FLAC (HD/Hi-Res Audio files and a bonus files download)" for Lv.4 backers and above? Are there any bonus files?
Old Jun 29, 2019, 11:38 AM

Dear Teioh
I can tell you that VGMC has not given any bonus files due to the fact that we increased the amount of music on the CD (from original plan of 30-50min to 74min). There are some potential bonus possibility but we need to negotiate with related parties and right holders about those...
Old Aug 26, 2019, 03:34 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Questions for purpose of database-stuff...

1) the CD credits cite Konami DigiEnt as the composer. I imagine this is a copyright / rights-holder kind of thing. But on vgmdb we currently list Miki Higashino as the sole composer. Has this been vetted? I imagine it's true, as there are only a handful of tracks not composed by Higashino and they are (IIRC) tracks pulled from Suikoden I. Anyone want to make extra sure?

2) The liner notes state that Suikogaiden I & II are used on this album as well. I haven't dug into this album close enough to know where, but I'd be interested to know where. That said, should we not also link the Suikogaiden titles in "Products Represented"?

Looking forward to answers from my fellow db'ers.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 04:10 PM
VGMdb Staff

1) They said on Kickstarter that they had to credit Konami as the composer because of copyright. All of the compositions on this CD are Higashino's.

I haven't looked into the the track origins too deeply to answer question 2.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 04:15 AM

The track 'Distant Star' is by Tappi, rest is by Hoshigano, at least based on info from this site.

As for Suikogaiden, the Suikoden II CD doesn't have 'Battlefield Without Light', which was in II but left off the OST. That's the only one I know, but both the Gaidens contain music from II so it's possible they 'referenced' then for arragement's sake.