VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 7, 2008, 03:59 AM

Default Sega Direct/Konamistyle/etc soundtracks

I've been enjoying a good hunt around your website, and compiling a big list of "wants" along the way!

One thing I would personally like to see is a catagory for limited release soundtracks. Not limited editions or promos; but OSTs that were only available officially through a specific shop or website, or for a certain amount of time. It'd make my shopping a bit easier if nothing else! ^^~

Other quickies -

A "view all" option in addition to pages when browsing

A "view random album" option, just as it may expose people to something they didn't know got released, or to a soundtrack they wouldn't have been interested in otherwise.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 04:19 AM
VGMdb Administrator

That's an interesting suggestion. I've seen various japanese sites designate limited release albums, and they're common enough to warrant a separate field in the database. The question now is whether to make it a separate release type or a sub-option -- a checkbox under the release type dropdown, for instance.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 05:37 AM

I suppose a checkbox would be sufficient - just so you could differentiate between Wavemasters standard releases (eg Phantasy Star Universe - Save This World) and their Sega Direct specific albums (eg Phantasy Star Universe - For Brighter Day).

It was just a thought anyway.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 11:04 AM

Well. Another sega direct album would be VERY hard to find. Phantasy Star Complete ALbum released couple of days ago and already became a relic because sega direct closed itself! OMFG.