VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 25, 2016, 06:13 PM

OST in its entirety doesn't fit. So it features selections from the soundtrack (about 40 minutes).
Old Aug 25, 2016, 11:35 PM
VGMdb Staff

Right, ok, this has been my concern with these Limited Run Games releases as solid information surrounding them is so thin on the ground. We have 5 of their albums on the db and only one is even close to being up to scratch. The rest are either incomplete or populated by assumed information which is far from ideal.
I think I'm going to contact them and see if they are willing to provide the info to bring these up to code.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 12:50 PM

I think the better route is for people to not upload any information about the track listing until somebody actually has it in hand or it's posted somewhere. That's always been the standard.

Here's the track list if you want to update it:

Side A
01 Tune in for Saturday Morning RPG!
02 Saved by the Bell
03 What Was That?
04 Battle Scene
05 Dawn of a New Day
06 Power Plant
07 Trust -Badbot's Theme-
08 Fallen Angel
09 Castle of the Gods
10 Determination

Side B
01 Overdrive
02 Legacy
03 No Risk, No Glory
04 Dawn of a New Day (Remix)
05 Saturday Morning Arcade Shooter (Remix)
Old Sep 11, 2016, 01:09 PM

I don't know how to unlink. I also don't think VGMdb supports the two sides of vinyl without creating a separate disc, so it says 2 Vinyl when it's actually only one with two sides. Are we handling that by making it one disc and having all the tracks run together?
Old Sep 11, 2016, 01:22 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcubalis View Post
I don't know how to unlink. I also don't think VGMdb supports the two sides of vinyl without creating a separate disc, so it says 2 Vinyl when it's actually only one with two sides. Are we handling that by making it one disc and having all the tracks run together?
Yeah, that's the only way we can do it now, but we can add the A/B split to the notes.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
Yeah, that's the only way we can do it now, but we can add the A/B split to the notes.
For now? Given how prevalent the vinyl format is these days, we should be able to sort out a way to handle this.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 02:17 AM
VGMdb Staff

It's still one vinyl physically, we would put two vinlys if there really were two of them. The most that can be done is sort of a track order scheme override within the tracklist, like some other databases do: instead of 01, 02, 03, 04 we get for example A-01, A-02, B-01, B-02 and such. Would work for cassettes as well.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 02:22 AM
VGMdb Administrator

There are plans to add extra metadata to tracks, e.g. to indicate which "section" of the media they're on. Since this seems to be a more prevalent issue, I'll focus on the vinyl use-case first. Later this can be expanded to denote data tracks on CDs, etc.