VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 1, 2013, 12:18 PM
VGMdb Staff

The scans I've found are from DVD enclosure and the cat no. is KIZB-121, not KIZX-73 (disc scan). That's why I've changed it to KIZB, at the same time I uploaded the scans, nextday. Should I have made the child entry instead, because now you've changed it back to KIZX so the scans don't match?
Old Jan 1, 2013, 12:25 PM
VGMdb Staff

I should probably just start making child entries for all the enclosures I add. It only takes a few seconds anyways.

I only changed this one back because I want all the entries to be KIZX so it doesn't look weird.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 01:07 PM
VGMdb Staff

Favoring bluray huh? dvd will never die damn it!!! lol

Anyway, yes, it'll be probably better to separate dvd/bd enclosures right from the start.

Also the name of this anime is hell for search engines XD

Last edited by Efendija; Jan 1, 2013 at 01:15 PM.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 11:56 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efendija View Post
Favoring bluray huh? dvd will never die damn it!!! lol
Last year Horizon became the first anime series to be released on blu-ray only. It's only a matter of time now...

Long live blu-ray.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextday View Post
Last year Horizon became the first anime series to be released on blu-ray only. It's only a matter of time now...

Long live blu-ray.
And what a great music there. Mikio Endo´s music was one of best anime scores which I heard from last year anime TV series.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 12:33 PM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Long live blu-ray.
Well sure, everything must end eventually...
Even PS2 is officially no longer being made xD, happened in December I think. It had a legendary run.

On topic, yeah, K's OSTs are diverse and interesting, Second season is announced so I hope Endo stays as the composer.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efendija View Post
Well sure, everything must end eventually...
Even PS2 is officially no longer being made xD, happened in December I think. It had a legendary run.

On topic, yeah, K's OSTs are diverse and interesting, Second season is announced so I hope Endo stays as the composer.
Great news!
Old May 12, 2014, 08:17 AM

Eh.....is there possibly another name for this series to go by so it's easier for people to search for? This has to be one of the most inconvenient titles I've seen in a while lol.

I noticed that there has been a lot of hype surrounding the movie so i'd be nice to see Endo return for it. But so far it doesn't look like the there will be a second season unless they announce it afterwards. Seems like the movie airs in July so maybe an OST will pop around then?
Old May 12, 2014, 08:44 AM
VGMdb Staff

Unfortunately, this one is just as inconvenient as C (and any other 1 letter titles that exist out there).

You can tell by the PV music that Endo is returning. The PV music is synthy though so either A. they lowered the budget or B. they haven't recorded it yet (more likely). And I'm 100% sure it'll be a bonus CD with the movie BD/DVD release.
Old May 12, 2014, 09:08 AM
VGMdb Staff

Search for "K-Project" helps, not at this place though.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 11:49 AM
VGMdb Staff

So they ended up recording the music a few days after my post. Pics from the session here: https://twitter.com/mikio_endo

BD/DVD probably won't release until late fall I'd guess.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 05:52 AM

Second trailer from K: Missing Kings has some good music (variation on main theme from TV series)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErNI908qRgw

BTW (off topic) I was surprised that Coppelion series which was also scored by Endo ended without soundtrack release.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 07:03 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porter View Post
BTW (off topic) I was surprised that Coppelion series which was also scored by Endo ended without soundtrack release.
The anime sold really bad, so that may be reason. I think it averaged less than 300 copies per volume and it wasn't really a surprise since it was pretty much terrible.
I wonder why it wasn't at least released as enclosures, though.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illidan View Post
The anime sold really bad, so that may be reason. I think it averaged less than 300 copies per volume and it wasn't really a surprise since it was pretty much terrible.
Didn't know such low numbers were even possible. This is like incredibly low. One would think that a number of purchased copies by random buyers who simply get the next new thing would be higher than that.
And I was under impression that anime products sell like hotcakes in their home country, regardless of quality of the show. Guess not.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 12:01 AM

Nah. There are usually around 2-3 shows that don't even sell above 1,000 copies each volume every season. Regardless though I'm not sure if sales numbers have anything to do with if the soundtrack is bundled in the series. I remember Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge had HORRIBLE sales numbers but they still bundled the soundtrack in the last enclosure.

I can only guess that it's one of those shows they never planned a release for. Unfortunately there tends to always be a couple shows like that every season too.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 12:13 AM

you don't seem to know the anime was planned 3 years ago but because of the fukushima event they delayed the thing
they probably intended an ost release at that time and canceled it (maybe KICA-3154)

also, it's not in the interest of king to release an ost if the anime sells bad, they could sell bad it too
it'd be a waste to print around 10000 copies if they can't even sell 1/10 of them

Last edited by Phonograph; Aug 7, 2014 at 02:56 AM.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 01:49 AM

Maybe I'm under the wrong impression but don't most publishers have this stuff planned out way ahead of time? I follow ANN and there is almost always news about OVAs, Specials etc. being included before the enclosures can even be purchased. So I think it's safe to assume if they ever planned on a release they wouldn't just go "nah didn't sell enough". I also don't see a reason to cancel the OST release if the anime simply got delayed. There has to be more too it than that.

Devil Survivor
Freezing Vibration
Genei wo Kakeru Taiyo
Samurai Flamenco
Golden Time (this was also published by Starchild by the way)
Tokyo Ravens
Crime Edge

All these shows had really bad sales numbers but still saw an enclosure release. While a companies methods probably vary I just don't think that most of them don't already have this stuff planned out regardless of bad or good sales.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 02:18 AM

it's not because an anime is planned in advance that it means its music is too
Old Aug 7, 2014, 03:45 PM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiLO View Post
Didn't know such low numbers were even possible. This is like incredibly low. One would think that a number of purchased copies by random buyers who simply get the next new thing would be higher than that.
And I was under impression that anime products sell like hotcakes in their home country, regardless of quality of the show. Guess not.
Anime is niche in Japan. Most shows sell less than 5k. A lot don't break even.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Anime is niche in Japan. Most shows sell less than 5k. A lot don't break even.
Some interesting numbers of top selling blu-ray discs here:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...n-no.1-50/2013

Last edited by Porter; Aug 8, 2014 at 01:06 PM.