VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 4, 2008, 03:28 AM

It's confirmed in several Original Sound Version interviews and the GEM Impact official site that Norihiko Hibino is often solely credited for works that are composed collaboratively by members of GEM Impact. The old GEM Impact website confirmed that Takahiro Izutani composed for Yakuza 2 and Yoshitaka Suzuki composed for Elvandia Story. Hibino still contributed though. Even though they are not credited on the actual albums for political reasons, I think they should be still credited here. This sort of thing apparently happens a lot so it's good that Hibino is willing to admit it and give his artists the props they deserve.

Last edited by Chris; Sep 4, 2008 at 03:30 AM.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 05:43 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I'll second the notion, certainly in the notes section at least, if not the composer field.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 06:52 AM
VGMdb Staff

I cases such as the ones you mention, composers, etc should definitely be given credit, so long as their involvement can be confirmed. Just like with cds from the old sound team days, the official album credits might not always be satisfactory.

It's always useful to make a note as to ones sources in the album discussion thread as well. I think it's better to put explanatory notes in there than in the notes field.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 10:01 AM
VGMdb Administrator

It's a while back, but norihikohibino.com linked to this entry:
http://www.norihikohibino.com/new/in...65-ask-hibino-
Old Mar 19, 2009, 04:21 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Note from his bio there: "He has also appeared as a CM image character of Toyota Harrier '06 model (Lexus RX) in Japan."

Cool.